Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new Firmware 11.5
the new firmware 11.5 and DOS 2.1 is available for download. I have no idea if it is possible to install the firmware on older Experts that do not have the CI board. The file for the DOS requires a 64GB SD card but it would be possible to copy all firmware files to the old 4GB SD card.
I have asked Devialet, no anwer yet...
Maybe someone want's to try...
Version: 2.1_RC4 + Firmware 11.5.18
Date: 01/12/2017
This is the release candidate for Expert Pro with Core Infinity.
Use previous versions for Expert and Expert Pro without Core Infinity.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
I'm curious if the devialet remote app will stilk work or will there be a new app too?
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
(01-Dec-2017, 22:07)iamwappie Wrote: I'm curious if the devialet remote app will stilk work or will there be a new app too?
Release notes in the file:

MAIN FEATURES SUPPORTED IN THIS RELEASE
FULLY SUPPORTED
All physical inputs 
Configurator

SUPPORTED IN RC VERSION
AIR 
UPnP Renderer 

NOT SUPPORTED IN THIS RELEASE 
Airplay 
Bluetooth 
Spotify Connect 

Should you have any question regarding this release, please contact Devialet Customer Service.
1. Guidelines
FOR THE DOS 2.1 RC + FIRMWARE 11.5.18 RELEASE
To safely update your Expert Pro with the latest rmware version and avoid any error in the process,
please only use the new SD card that is provided in the box. 
2. How to update your Expert Pro 
WARNING: THIS UPDATE SHOULD TAKE APPROXIMATELY 5 MINUTES TO INSTALL. YOUR EXPERT PRO MUST NEVER BE TURNED OFF DURING THE UPDATE PROCESS.
To launch the update process of your Expert Pro, please follow these steps:
After downloading the le Expert-Pro-2.1_RC4.zip, take the new SD card provided in the box of your Expert Pro, insert it in your computer and format it.
Unzip the le “Expert-Pro-2.1_RC4.zip” at the root of your SD card. You should now have 14 les on your SD card, all located in the root directory and not in any other folder. 
Eject the SD card from your computer and insert it in the SD card reader at the back of your Expert Pro.
If your Expert Pro already is in standby mode, long press (5 seconds) the front button to reset your device. Else, unplug the power cable, wait 5 seconds, and plug it back in.
The update process should now start automatically. Once it is complete, the messages « Upgrade 11.5.18 successful » followed by « please press the front button » should appear on screen. If you don’t see them, please make sure that you carefully followed all the previous steps or contact our customer service. To make sure that your Expert Pro has been updated, long press on the “Tone” button of your Remote and check the rmware and DOS versions on the screen of your device.
Your Expert Pro is now up-to-date and supports the RC version of Core In nity.
3. UPnP Renderer
HOW TO USE UPNP WITH YOUR EXPERT PRO?
To control your NAS from a third-party app using UPnP, please follow the steps below:
  1. Setup your NAS on your local network by following the instructions provided by the manufacturer.
  2. Download or open your favorite UPnP compatible app.
    Please note that NAS manufacturers (QNAP, Synology...) usually have their own dedicated app
    (PC/Mac/Smartphone). If not provided by your NAS’ manufacturer, you can still easily nd many universal UPnP compatible apps that you can download to use that feature on Expert Pro.

3. Select your “Devialet Expert Pro” system as the output.
  4. You can now browse through all your library and play any track on your Expert Pro. 
Still not overly convinced what this is going to add to the mix.  Can't say I'm in a rush to send mine off at all.
I look my expert pro and the ney software 11.5.18 was there , i should only install core and it take 1 minut . Ready too play music
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,
The devialet app on my i pad. Is not Working after the upgrade. That mean i must go Up from the sofa Grrrrrrrr.
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,
(01-Dec-2017, 17:52)Vivialet Wrote: the new firmware 11.5 and DOS 2.1 is available for download. I have no idea if it is possible to install the firmware on older Experts that do not have the CI board. The file for the DOS requires a 64GB SD card but it would be possible to copy all firmware files to the old 4GB SD card.
I have asked Devialet, no anwer yet...
Maybe someone want's to try...

Where did you get the info. that says the files for the DOS files need a 64 GB Card? As you rightly point out, the contents of either the  _MACOSX or Expert-Pro-2.1_RC4 folders will fit on a 4GB Card.

I’ve just asked Devialet why I didn’t get a card with the upgraded amps.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Let us know D's reply, @Axel. I did not get a new card either.
Fanless HdPlex (HQPlayer) -> Merging Hapi -> Genelec 8351B
I didn't get even the old cards back!
Looking on the bright side, at least you did not get another Devialet Bag!