Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new Firmware 11.5
Thank you every one, mine are a pair of Od'A. Turned out something was wrong with the original supplied SD cards, both of them! Both the master and companion reported SD Card error when first turned on. But I restarted the machines the error was gone. I quick formatted them every time before copying firmware files. Tried many times and DOS still showed 2.1.0 RC4.

So eventually I quick formatted them using different parameters than the original ones. And voila, 2.2.0beta10 they became!
(13-Jan-2018, 02:35)Wdw Wrote: Hello all and best wishes for this New Year,
Since in receipt of our new CI 440 PRO we haven’t dared touch a thing.  Plugged in the dCS via AES and a second Ethernet to check out AIR and all worked well...the improvements wrought by the new board obvious to us.
I have followed the postings of inoperabiliity and other issues with some concern and sympathy.
My question:
Does this latest firmware issue offer any sonic improvements over the one issued with the CI late last year  Wondering whether I should wait this one out or hop in.
Thanks for any comments you may offer.
No rush for AirPlay or UpNp or whatever until completely stable.
Best
Airplay is completely stable, and of course only works up to 16/44. 

uPnP is completely stable in my system up to 24/96. I use bubble upnp as recommended by Devialet and it works a treat, a nice application. In settings I have limited it to 24/96 as 24/192 is not stable. 

The nice thing is that it auto-detects incoming wireless or ethernet signals, so there is no need to select the source.
250 Pro CI; Innuos Zen Mk3; Claro dual turntable (Expert Stylus Denon + OL Aladdin Mk2); RCM Sensor2; Wilson Sabrina; OePhi speaker cables; Puritan PM156 conditioner and Ultimate cables.
(13-Jan-2018, 14:23)Axel Wrote:
(13-Jan-2018, 03:51)aftonomos Wrote:
(11-Jan-2018, 15:19)Axel Wrote: I’ve just noticed that the pre-out to my headphones is no longer working. I will raise a ticket with support.

I've had the same issue-even though preOut is configured to be active in the configurator.  PreOut is  inactive  at startup but you can activate it manually using your remote-have to do it every time you turn the unit back on.  Have sent two tickets about this several weeks ago- no response yet. 

Let us know if you hear anything back from your ticket.
 There is no need to switch the pre-outs on and off. They can be left running all of the time as they have been in my system since the word go. This also frees up a remote button. I’ll let you know what Devialet say (probably nothing).

Devialet response: i.e. wait for updated configurator:

The subout issue has been reproduced here...

The configurator is not ready yet to be able to adjust independandly those startup audio settings (such as subout) on Air/Spotify/Upnp/Airplay.
To do so we need an updated version of the configurator.

Meanwhile you'll have to turn the sub on/off manually.

Best regards,
Mathieu
(25-Jan-2018, 05:45)aftonomos Wrote:
(13-Jan-2018, 14:23)Axel Wrote:
(13-Jan-2018, 03:51)aftonomos Wrote: I've had the same issue-even though preOut is configured to be active in the configurator.  PreOut is  inactive  at startup but you can activate it manually using your remote-have to do it every time you turn the unit back on.  Have sent two tickets about this several weeks ago- no response yet. 

Let us know if you hear anything back from your ticket.
 There is no need to switch the pre-outs on and off. They can be left running all of the time as they have been in my system since the word go. This also frees up a remote button. I’ll let you know what Devialet say (probably nothing).

Devialet response: i.e. wait for updated configurator:

The subout issue has been reproduced here...

The configurator is not ready yet to be able to adjust independandly those startup audio settings (such as subout) on Air/Spotify/Upnp/Airplay.
To do so we need an updated version of the configurator.

Meanwhile you'll have to turn the sub on/off manually.

Best regards,
Mathieu
That’s what I was waiting to hear. Devialet admitting that there is a problem to be fixed. Until now, I was told that you can’t have the pre-outs without a button on the remote configured to turn it on and off, which I have proved wrong, using an old configuration, which allowed the pre-outs to be running all the time. Progress!
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Hi, I am new to this forum. Great insights!

I just upgraded to the Beta10 on my 220pro but can not see airplay in my network. Streaming over AIR works perfectly fine so it is connected to my WLAN alright. I am switching to Airplay on the device directly and it says Airplay on the little screen. It does not show up though; I tried my iPhone, iPad and Macbook...am I doing something wrong?

Thx for your support
Thomas
(28-Jan-2018, 12:52)Tapageno Wrote: Hi, I am new to this forum. Great insights!

I just upgraded to the Beta10 on my 220pro but can not see airplay in my network. Streaming over AIR works perfectly fine so it is connected to my WLAN alright. I am switching to Airplay on the device directly and it says Airplay on the little screen. It does not show up though; I tried my iPhone, iPad and Macbook...am I doing something wrong?

Thx for your support
Thomas

Hi, and welcome to the forum.
What are you trying to stream from? Are you using the Devialet Remote app?, if not, try installing it from the App Store. Airplay should appear as one of the selectable inputs.
Please take the time to compose a signature so that we can see what is in your signal chain, also which country you are in. Instructions are here: https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=4891
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(28-Jan-2018, 14:21)Axel Wrote:

I just upgraded to the Beta10 on my 220pro but can not see airplay in my network.  Streaming over AIR works perfectly fine so it is connected to my WLAN alright. I am switching to Airplay on the device directly and it says Airplay on the little screen.  It does not show up though; I tried my iPhone, iPad and Macbook...am I doing something wrong?

Thx for your support
Thomas

What are you trying to stream from? Are you using the Devialet Remote app?, if not, try installing it from the App Store. Airplay should appear as one of the selectable inputs.
Please take the time to compose a signature so that we can see what is in your signal chain, also which country you are in. Instructions are here: https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=4891
Thanks for your quick response; will do. I was trying to use apple airplay over my iphone. The 220pro does not show up in the Airplay device list as I think it should.

Thanks
Thomas

-----
Devialet 220 pro, B&W 802N, MacBook Pro, Several iOS devices, Mark Levinson No 335 (currently not hooked up)
(28-Jan-2018, 17:08)Tapageno Wrote:
(28-Jan-2018, 14:21)Axel Wrote:

I just upgraded to the Beta10 on my 220pro but can not see airplay in my network.  Streaming over AIR works perfectly fine so it is connected to my WLAN alright. I am switching to Airplay on the device directly and it says Airplay on the little screen.  It does not show up though; I tried my iPhone, iPad and Macbook...am I doing something wrong?

Thx for your support
Thomas

Thanks for your quick response; will do. I was trying to use apple airplay over my iphone. The 220pro does not show up in the Airplay device list as I think it should.

Thanks

If you’re trying to stream music from your phone, scroll down in the list of inputs on the remote app, and at the bottom above "Turn Off" is "My Music". Try using this, it works for me.
South Coast England
Thanks for all the support! I tried all this...the problem is that the 220pro is not showing up as an Airplay or Spotify device in my network. It is connected to the network as I can see it in my router settings (with a super fast connection using 5Ghz AC, 2 MIMO channels and >500Mbit throughput). I also don't have any problems to stream to the 220pro with my macbook pro either over the Air plug-in or directly over Roon.

I did change the input on the 220pro to Spotify and Airplay respectively (which is also displayed in the 220pro display). An additional problem I have is that the Devialet app on my iphone has problems finding the 220pro as well and is directly loosing connection again if it finds it at all; so currently not really usable. Hopefully this will all be solved once the firmware leaves the beta phase...
Thomas

-----
Devialet 220 pro, B&W 802N, MacBook Pro, Several iOS devices, Mark Levinson No 335 (currently not hooked up)
(29-Jan-2018, 10:59)Tapageno Wrote: Thanks for all the support! I tried all this...the problem is that the 220pro is not showing up as an Airplay or Spotify device in my network. It is connected to the network as I can see it in my router settings (with a super fast connection using 5Ghz AC, 2 MIMO channels and >500Mbit throughput). I also don't have any problems to stream to the 220pro with my macbook pro either over the Air plug-in or directly over Roon.

I did change the input on the 220pro to Spotify and Airplay respectively (which is also displayed in the 220pro display). An additional problem I have is that the Devialet app on my iphone has problems finding the 220pro as well and is directly loosing connection again if it finds it at all; so currently not really usable. Hopefully this will all be solved once the firmware leaves the beta phase...

Devialet app and Airplay are working just fine here... Have you already rebooted the Devialet, like unplugging it from the power socket etc? That solved some similar issues that I had in the beginning.

Have you also reported this problem to Devialet yet? If not, I would recommend doing so.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland