Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where i can for SAM?
Hello,

sorry, this is myfirst post. Excuse my english!-

There are many speakers, which are SAM-ready. I am looking for JBL DD66000. There is only the 9900.

Regards
waka1914
Win Server 2012R (i3 3100, 16GB Ram), div. Player (Amarra4, JR23, BugHead, Stealth Audio Player e.a.) <  Devialet 200 < JBL Everest DD66000
There are a few alternatives.
1. check if 'SAM Lab' is coming to a place near where you live. Bring one of your speakers to this event for measurement (only one speaker is required)
2. ship a speaker to Paris for measurement and inclusion in the SAM data base
3. wait for your model to turn up in the SAM data base.

In all three alternatives you need to contact Devialet support to find out what your options are. Maybe your model is already scheduled for measurement in Paris? Send a mail to support@devialet.com with your questions.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(10-Dec-2017, 21:55)ogs Wrote: There are a few alternatives.
1. check if 'SAM Lab' is coming to a place near where you live. Bring one of your speakers to this event for measurement (only one speaker is required)
2. ship a speaker to Paris for measurement and inclusion in the SAM data base
3. wait for your model to turn up in the SAM data base.

In all three alternatives you need to contact Devialet support to find out what your options are. Maybe your model is already scheduled for measurement in Paris? Send a mail to support@devialet.com with your questions.

Thank you!

The first and second alternative are more or less impossible: One speaker have a weight of more then 140 kg.
So, i have to wait!
Win Server 2012R (i3 3100, 16GB Ram), div. Player (Amarra4, JR23, BugHead, Stealth Audio Player e.a.) <  Devialet 200 < JBL Everest DD66000
Yes I can see that schlepping a 66000 around is not something you'll do easily..

There is of course a variant of 1. If SAM Lab is coming to your area it may be possible to negotiate with Devialet to have the SAM Lab engineer come to your place. It will be beneficial for Devialet to have the JBL DD66000 in the SAM data base. As the speaker is not easily transported it is less likely someone happens to bring it to the Devialet lab in Paris. Measuring it in someone's home is then a realistic option for them.

EDIT: do you own a Devialet amp?
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
You could look into finding a dealer in Paris that Devialet could visit. Or, when you find out they're somewhere else on the planet with the SAM lab, try to tee them up with a dealer elsewhere. Think outside the box.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Smile
(14-Dec-2017, 06:57)Pim Wrote: You could look into finding a dealer in Paris that Devialet could visit. Or, when you find out they're somewhere else on the planet with the SAM lab, try to tee them up with a dealer elsewhere. Think outside the box.

Devialet has "SAMed" JBL DD66000! Smile   Heart

Thank you!

waka1913
@waka1914 that is great news!

Did you contribute to this yourself in any way? How does SAM perform with your speakers?
Devialetless!
(23-Sep-2018, 12:44)waka1914 Wrote: Smile
(14-Dec-2017, 06:57)Pim Wrote: You could look into finding a dealer in Paris that Devialet could visit. Or, when you find out they're somewhere else on the planet with the SAM lab, try to tee them up with a dealer elsewhere. Think outside the box.

Devialet has "SAMed" JBL DD66000! Smile   Heart

Thank you!

waka1913

Nice! Did they just happen to do it or did you get them to do it for you? If you did, would you care to tell us how you did it?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.