Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New packaging for Phantom (Gold).
(18-Dec-2017, 16:12)Dvlt PhD Wrote:
(18-Dec-2017, 12:18)liquitech Wrote:
(18-Dec-2017, 00:47)Dvlt PhD Wrote: Thanks for pics.

What about the protection for shipping? Has it changed, too?

...Since, S&H companies don't give a damn.

I know it comes in a white "sock" now, but haven't read anything about any other new protection on the shipping boxes.

My Phantoms arrived in huge carton boxes supported with very strong plastic protection covers inside at the top and bottom. Very good packaging and super fast delivery.

Ok, thanks.

p.s.- they better make some protection for the right and left sides, too... S&H companies don't care about signs like "this side up", etc.

Let me see if I find some unboxing pictures for the Golds on the net.

I would not worry about that shipping boxes. They're really good and much better than the shipping boxes from the first batches of Phantoms. The Phantom is suspended inside the shipping box with minimum 5 cm of clearance on the top and bottom, and approximately 10+ cm on the sides.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
The first batch was also shipped suspended in a hammock made up of clear plastic. I was amazed to see the plastic hold given the weight of the Phantoms. Good packaging - large boxes though.
(19-Dec-2017, 00:49)MountainGuy Wrote: The first batch was also shipped suspended in a hammock made up of clear plastic.  I was amazed to see the plastic hold given the weight of the Phantoms.  Good packaging - large boxes though.

Mine weren't. They were shipped in a box with 1, 5 cm of  foam inside. Not nearly as good as the hammock solution.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(18-Dec-2017, 22:46)ragwo Wrote:
(18-Dec-2017, 16:12)Dvlt PhD Wrote:
(18-Dec-2017, 12:18)liquitech Wrote: My Phantoms arrived in huge carton boxes supported with very strong plastic protection covers inside at the top and bottom. Very good packaging and super fast delivery.

Ok, thanks.

p.s.- they better make some protection for the right and left sides, too... S&H companies don't care about signs like "this side up", etc.

Let me see if I find some unboxing pictures for the Golds on the net.

I would not worry about that shipping boxes. They're really good and much better than the shipping boxes from the first batches of Phantoms. The Phantom is suspended inside the shipping box with minimum 5 cm of clearance on the top and bottom, and approximately 10+ cm on the sides.

Thanks Smile
Thanks a lot for the tips, I will use a Mac Airplay instead. I'm ready for the measurements but still waiting reply from HAF about few questions below, it has been few days:
1. When I do the measurements, should the microphone always point toward between 2 speakers, no matter measuring left or right channel?
2. Does 2 speakers need toe-in or toe-in will affect the output?
3. I have a big chair located in between right speaker and my listening position, and it will always be there. Do I need to remove it before doing the measurement?
4. I will have my speakers and seat location swap occasionally in the same house, do I need to submit 2 sets of measurement.
5. How do I proceed with the trial and purchase?
(27-Dec-2017, 07:57)timhbf Wrote: Thanks a lot for the tips, I will use a Mac Airplay instead. I'm ready for the measurements but still waiting reply from HAF about few questions below, it has been few days:
1. When I do the measurements, should the microphone always point toward between 2 speakers, no matter measuring left or right channel?
2. Does 2 speakers need toe-in or toe-in will affect the output?
3. I have a big chair located in between right speaker and my listening position, and it will always be there. Do I need to remove it before doing the measurement?
4. I will have my speakers and seat location swap occasionally in the same house, do I need to submit 2 sets of measurement.
5. How do I proceed with the trial and purchase?

timhbf,
Are you sure that you have the correct thread??
(Was going to start a new thread, but it seems more appropriate to simply dredge this one back up as it involves Gold packaging circa Jan 2018):

Received my “Holiday Kit” Gold package deal yesterday and had an interesting packaging incident. 

Packages were neatly stacked outside my inside hallway door on the fourth floor. Top and Bottom is clearly labeled all over the outside of the box. UPS had dutifully followed these instructions. The delivery person must have set the box in a puddle while staging the four boxes for delivery, as the bottom of the one Gold was soaking wet. I frantically opened the box from the top (Dry) end, only to find that - although thankfully the inner artsy box was dry suspended on foam - it had been packaged upside down in the shipping box! In other words it had spent the entire shipping process from France to Midwest US upside down!

It appears undamaged, but if they take the time to specify top bottom it must be important. I have yet to establish connectivity so am unable to determine function as yet, but WTF?!? There was over a week delay between order and shipment so perhaps they are busy. And granted, it IS all in English, but...

-Scott

Second photo didn’t attach: