Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tidal drop outs and not finishing tracks
As above.
I use Tidal with the Kazoo app and the Melco.
Never had an issue before but for last week or so this has been happening. Also on occasions it just stops after a track has finished when there are still tracks to play. I have emailed Tidal support but from what I remember they were not that helpful last time.
Is anyone else experiencing similar issues?
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(13-Dec-2017, 12:43)Womaz Wrote: As above.
Never had an issue before but for last week or so this has been happening. Also on occasions it just stops after a track has finished when there are still tracks to play. I have emailed Tidal support but from what I remember they were not that helpful last time.

Hello Womaz, Tidal and Melco are running smoothly with me. No failures or the like noted. The last weeks I hear about 6 hours of music per day, 60% Tidal! With different apps.
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(13-Dec-2017, 18:39)K4680 Wrote:

Hello Womaz, Tidal and Melco are running smoothly with me. No failures or the like noted. The last weeks I hear about 6 hours of music per day, 60% Tidal! With different apps.

I have had a reply from Tidal that recommends changing my DNS settings ?
I have no idea if I will do this as I have no idea what I am doing if I am honest.
I run my business from home and can’t afford to mess with my broadband settings .
I have switched router off for 20 minutes .....see if that helps
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
(13-Dec-2017, 18:59)Womaz Wrote:
(13-Dec-2017, 18:39)K4680 Wrote:

I have had a reply from Tidal that recommends changing my DNS settings ?
I have no idea if I will do this as I have no idea what I am doing if I am honest.
I run my business from home and can’t afford to mess with my broadband settings .
I have switched router off for 20 minutes .....see if that helps

I had some problems with a switch some time ago! A port of the switch, interrupted at irregular intervals for about 500ms the data traffic with my NAS. After I changed the port, everything was ok again. I replaced the switch later! Sad
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Just FYI, Tidal works flawlessly on my PC under Roon.
Win10/HQPlayer / Roon - Uptone Audio Etherregen switch / SOtM-SMS-200 ultra with clock input - Mutec REF 10 clock for the switch and the streamer - Denafrips GAIA DCC - Devialet D800 - YG Acoustics Carmel - Dual Elac SUB-2090 
power supplies: Uptone JS-2, SOtM SPS-500
Thanks for the posts guys. I am not prepared to change my DNS settings as I have no idea if there are any consequences of this. The reply from Tidal was not clear either so I have asked them to clarify what they mean. They said change the DNS settings on the device. What device? The router? The Melco? They IPad?
I await clarification
Do you have their recommendation for DNS servers? I just searched on this issue and the first post I came across (on the Naim forum) mentioned Tidal's suggestion to change DNS servers to point to Google's public ones (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4 or whatever the corresponding IPv6 ones are). I get the impression they're probably suggesting this because Google's DNS servers are guaranteed to work well, and perhaps Tidal have had an issue or two with people using crap DNS servers, so doing this elminates one possible source of problems.  I can't imagine the recommended DNS servers are serving any 'special' DNS records that Tidal depends on, though stranger things have happened.
(14-Dec-2017, 09:32)Rufus McDufus Wrote: Do you have their recommendation for DNS servers? I just searched on this issue and the first post I came across (on the Naim forum) mentioned Tidal's suggestion to change DNS servers to point to Google's public ones (8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4 or whatever the corresponding IPv6 ones are). I get the impression they're probably suggesting this because Google's DNS servers are guaranteed to work well, and perhaps Tidal have had an issue or two with people using crap DNS servers, so doing this elminates one possible source of problems.  I can't imagine the recommended DNS servers are serving any 'special' DNS records that Tidal depends on, though stranger things have happened.

Yes this is exactly what they are recommending, changing to google DNS servers.
Not sure I am prepared to do this
To be honest it should do no harm just to try. I tend to use my own home DNS server but usually set up family/friends to use Google. Some of the ISP DNS servers can be a bit spotty.
(14-Dec-2017, 10:10)Rufus McDufus Wrote: To be honest it should do no harm just to try.  I tend to use my own home DNS server but usually set up family/friends to use Google. Some of the ISP DNS servers can be a bit spotty.

Ok I may consider this then. I have reset my router and shut it down and restarted it, I will see if this makes a difference first.
I am also not sure what I change my DNS settings on. The router? I am waiting for clarification from TIDAL.
I am also just starting to think I have network issues in my apartment as AIR always has issues for me.
I would consider getting someone in to optimise my network if I was confident it would make a difference, or knew who to contact . I now have BT 80mb fibre broadband and I am still having these issues.
It is not just Tidal, on occasions my remote app, takes a while to get working
Thanks for, all of the input, much appreciated