Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ethernet after CoreInfinity upgrade
@baddog Yes I have tried a different cable. I also tried connecting my laptop via ethernet and that didn't work either. Strangely though, when using the laptop I got blinking orange light on the connector on the Dev and green with my Nuc. I don't know what that means though.
Spiral Groove/Soundsmith - jRiver/Audiophile Optimizer/Process Lasso - Devialet 1000 pro - Rockport Ankaa
Nordost Valhalla, Brahma, Frey2+ & Tyr2/Ansuz Mainz C/D8
Isoacoustics OREA/Shunyata Dark Field/Nordost QV/QK
Devialet Gemini
Have you tried with router?
Well if it isnt the cable, and if everything used to work prior to the upgrade. And we know the ethernet port works post upgrade for most folks if not all. And you have tried different network configurations in the configurator, then the only other thing I can think of is something changed on the NUC side.

Have you tried wireless instead of ethernet on the Devialet, just to see if that works ok with your NUC?
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
@Waiski I haven't tried with a router, partly because I don't have my system set up that way and partly because I don't understand why I should use one since I'm using AIR Ethernet going straight into the Devialet from NUC. And also because I don't have one to try with.

@baddog I've tried wireless and it doesn't work perfect, it works with 16-44.1 but with hirez I get dropouts, noise or no sound at all. I have not changed anything on the NUC (I've now reinstalled AIR though just in case) and since it didn't work with my laptop that shouldn't be the problem either? Perhaps my Dev is broke? I'm getting a low hum from my speakers, and it used to be very silent and there are also internal clicks when changing source, something I didn't have pre-upgrade. I don't get Ethernet as an option on the AIR-app either anymore, neither on laptop or NUC. I'm regretting getting the upgrade and I really don't know what to do next?

And thank you for your answers and ideas.
Spiral Groove/Soundsmith - jRiver/Audiophile Optimizer/Process Lasso - Devialet 1000 pro - Rockport Ankaa
Devialet Gemini
It turns out that the software post-CI doesn't support direct Ethernet from computer to the Devialet yet. Océane called me today, very nice by the way, and she told me that they learned about this just recently. So @Waiski, you were right, I have to use a router if I want an Ethernet Connection.
The hum is lower with the newest beta software and Océane told me that different software can produce different levels of noise. Hopefully now, new software that's coming will support direct Ethernet and that may be released next week already.
AIR still doesn't work when changing sampling rate though.
By the way, I also think that beta10 sounds better...
Devialet Gemini
@frejo Thanks for sharing that information, it is appreciated.

I haven't installed Beta 10 yet.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US