Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Firmware Update
Refresh my memory - if I have a D440 Pro ( in other words two monos ), if I wish to update the firmware do I do it in both machines or just the master?

For the life of me I thought I had to do it for both but I cannot get the Companion to update.

Thanks.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Well Shazam, it seems to work with some versions of the firmware but not the beta version.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
You need to update both. And you need to "refresh" the sd card. So, update first unit and then put to sd card same software again and then update the second unit.
Hi baddog, you need to update both. Make sure to copy all files to both SD cards. If you update one amp and use the same SD card to update the second amp it will not work, the amp is deleting a file after the update so that it will not update again after the next start.
(23-Dec-2017, 20:35)Vivialet Wrote: Hi baddog, you need to update both. Make sure to copy all files to both SD cards. If you update one amp and use the same SD card to update the second amp it will not work, the amp is deleting a file after the update so that it will not update again after the next start.

Alternatively, switch the SD card to read only, the Devialet then cannot delete the file, so the same card can then be used for the master and companion.  You then need to remove this card after loading the firmware and have the configurations on separate cards.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(23-Dec-2017, 20:24)baddog Wrote: Refresh my memory - if I have a D440 Pro ( in other words two monos ), if I wish to update the firmware do I do it in both machines or just the master?

For the life of me I thought I had to do it for both but I cannot get the Companion to update.

Thanks.

One of my Pros took several attempts, checked the sd card to see that the files were still there after after updating the first one and they were, no rhyme or reason but eventually updated
Mac mini -> Roon ->Devialet expert pro 1000 via Roon Air Ethernet, Chord Signature Digital Tuned Array, Clearaudio Champion Level 2, Dynavector DV-20X2L, Focal Sopra 2, Transparent Musicwave super speaker cables.
Thanks all, that explains why the only way I could get the second unit to update was by deleting the files from the SD card and copying the files back over to it. Previously I must have used two separate SD cards, one for each unit. Clearly, I am losing my marbles.

FWIW I do have the configuration files on separate SD cards for each unit, and the firmware files are on a separate SD card.

Maybe I will try going back to the BETA this weekend.
SXSW, US