Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Config fun and games in CHROME!
Is it me or is this Configurator got a mind of its own?

When I only had one unit, it was not too bad, but with a dual unit system I find it is a bit of a confusing nightmare!

So... (yes I know people hate it when someone starts a sentence with SO!)

When using BOTH AES inputs (Master and Companion) you end up with not only the Chain cable showing, but also the 'Trigger' line appearing. OK so far! But if you manage to save it to your profile (by accident or divine intervention!), then reopening it later shows the loss (greyed out) of one of the two AES ports originally set up and no trigger! I have been struggling with this little problem since May last year! ..but there must be a dastardly plot at Devialet to ratchet up the confusion by kindly changing the 'Configurateur' further this autumn....

So now after doing all your settings, the next issue is to download both Master and Companion dp_cfg.txt files individually to place on the appropriate card.
I usually save them to the hard drive for safe-keeping first, then move them to the Cards later...

...OK, so download done.. but hang on...what should be next? You obviously would like to save the config to your account... but hey... sadly no save button (never has been! - tut-tut), only a 'Previous' button???? Alright...then since when I had just one unit it worked, maybe that still saves it then, yes?

Ummmmm...NO, you then get into a weird alternative config universe, cos you are just back to the configuration (advanced) from whence you came...

OK, so what next.... well, the only button is 'Previous' again! - OK, press that!

...OH, hang on...you can only now see ONE unit with three options:
1. Download a copy to SD (Done that!)
2. Go to Advanced Configurator (Ummmm...done that!)
3. 'Previous' button ...hmmmmn, that looks familiar... so maybe....

'Dhooo!' Whats this then? ...It says 'New Configuration 2/3' on top of page and only one unit showing??????

... and then you have options to choose different slide buttons against a list of (presumably) indicators of sources... Ummmm... what is this for?

...and then... you have guessed it... 'Previous' & 'Next'

Ohhhh... I am soooo lost!

And I though I knew what I was doing Mr Devialet!

...and no file saved in my list!

Anyone shed some light? Cos Dev support seem to duck my questions! ..probably more likely that my whining get lost in translation...

..I got them to create Master and Companion files for me a few days ago after giving them a pretty comprehensive list of inputs and outputs, but when I tried it, only the left channel worked and the tweeter buzzed... I uploaded their master file (could find NO WAY of uploading both master and Companion together) and found my careful instructions for a line input for AV converted to Phono input!!!!!

And so, maybe I am better to try to figure all this out with you guys assistance?

Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.