Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLC is first line?
(23-Jan-2018, 16:34)hydr Wrote:
(22-Jan-2018, 14:00)K4680 Wrote: Hello hydr, here drawn the plan quickly.
You need 3 pcs. Allnet PLC coupler ALL16881PC AC 250/440 V 50 / 60Hz, suitable for signal bridging via RCCBs and electricity meters.
An acquaintance, this combination has often installed abroad in 1 Phasigen plants (coupling of data loggers)!
It is best to have an electrician advise you if he can install it for you (wiring diagram)!
Connection diagrams for electricians, on the last page of the description!

Everything, of course, without any guarantee that it will work for you! Therefore, one could install the PLC once provisionally and see that it is successful!

!!!ATTENTION: These devices may only be installed by a qualified electrician, otherwise there is a risk of fire or electric shock.!!! Angel
Good luck!

Wow, thank you very much K4680! You are amazing.

Do you think this would improve the PLC connection on a single circuit as well? Like one with 1 dialog and 3 phantoms on the same circuit, would this improve their communication as well?

I will order these parts and have an certified electrician install it. You even drew a connection diagram for me, thank you so much! You are amazing.

Hello hydr, of course, the simplest and cheapest solution would be if you wire Dialog and Phantoms to a fuse example number 9. But I believe that the existing electrical installation does not allow that, or it should check an electrician !!
Good luck Rolleyes
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Thanks K4680,

My english is not so good, as I live in Norway.. Sorry for that.

If I have 1 dialog and 3 Phantoms on fuse #9 - and still have poor performance with only using 1 fuse. Do you think this solution might improve the PLC performance even in this case?
(27-Jan-2018, 10:00)hydr Wrote: Thanks K4680,

My english is not so good, as I live in Norway.. Sorry for that.

If I have 1 dialog and 3 Phantoms on fuse #9 - and still have poor performance with only using 1 fuse. Do you think this solution might improve the PLC performance even in this case?

Hi hydr, nothing to thank! Just let me know if I can help you!?
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Hydr,

I understand nothing Norwegian so I respect any attempt at all to communicate in English. English is a ridiculous language and far too difficult to be the world standard, but just like audio/video, the best standard is not always the one that prevails. I enjoy seeing a Nordic perspective on electrical boxes which, in typical Nordic fashion, is both functional and aesthetic (used a big English word that hopefully translates). Here is a typical US fuse Box:

As we say in English... Fugly
But to take this completely “off the rails”... I am listening to “Scandinavian Noir” playlist on Tidal at the moment. Highly recommended. Back to our on topic subject...
Anyone know how I can force a Phantom to use PLC?  I have one on the same circuit as the dialog and it insists on using WIFI - which then keeps dropping out.  I have a pair or PLC plugs, so if I wire the Phantom via the powerline plugs it works flawlessly - pretty annoying given that's what the Dialog should be doing!

Gareth
(03-Feb-2018, 10:17)GirthW Wrote: Anyone know how I can force a Phantom to use PLC?  I have one on the same circuit as the dialog and it insists on using WIFI - which then keeps dropping out.  I have a pair or PLC plugs, so if I wire the Phantom via the powerline plugs it works flawlessly - pretty annoying given that's what the Dialog should be doing!

Gareth
Try wrapping the Dialog in tin foil, and restart the Dialog. The tin foil should prevent the wireless signal to get through and force the Dialog to use PLC. Just remember to remove the tin foil when everything has settled. The Dialog runs really hot.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(03-Feb-2018, 10:17)GirthW Wrote: Anyone know how I can force a Phantom to use PLC?  I have one on the same circuit as the dialog and it insists on using WIFI - which then keeps dropping out.  I have a pair or PLC plugs, so if I wire the Phantom via the powerline plugs it works flawlessly - pretty annoying given that's what the Dialog should be doing!

Gareth

I assume that you have the Dialogue connected by LAN Ethernet to your router during setup? Then try plugging it and the phantoms all into the same power strip - at least for the setup. Then move it where you want it.