Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLC is first line?
Do you not get WiFi connection - 2.4 or 5? Granted, before I got PLC working, mine were using 2.4 and they were completely useless - in and out constantly. Why is Phantom’s WiFi performance so poor?? It was a major feature that made me purchase/trial them...
(14-Jan-2018, 18:52)snbeall Wrote: Do you not get WiFi connection - 2.4 or 5? Granted, before I got PLC working, mine were using 2.4 and they were completely useless - in and out constantly. Why is Phantom’s WiFi performance so poor?? It was a major feature that made me purchase/trial them...

Excellent wifi both 5GHz and 2.4GHz. I get more than 500mbit up/down from every bit of the whole apartment. I´m using Netgear Orbi.

But there is no option to force the Phantoms to Wifi, so I´m not sure how they would perform. Right now they seem to change between PLC and Wifi a lot, and that causes a lot of drop-outs. Sad
(14-Jan-2018, 18:04)hydr Wrote:
(14-Jan-2018, 12:49)K4680 Wrote:
(14-Jan-2018, 12:31)hydr Wrote: Here is the complete box. https://imgur.com/a/syEYc

Do you think PLC would be greatly improved on all circuits with the added phase coupler? Or just on the circuits that are added?

Hi hydr, the phase couplers bring here no advantage. Since this is a 1-phase network, all PLCs are on the same phase! Shy

But I wondering why my PLC performance is so terrible? Wish I had decent PLC connection between the rooms.

Hi, try the devices (PLC) directly wall socket. If you operate the PLC via power strips, the throughput drops rapidly, as it is with line filters or isolation transformers !! Sad
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(14-Jan-2018, 20:16)K4680 Wrote:
(14-Jan-2018, 18:04)hydr Wrote:
(14-Jan-2018, 12:49)K4680 Wrote: Hi hydr, the phase couplers bring here no advantage. Since this is a 1-phase network, all PLCs are on the same phase! Shy

But I wondering why my PLC performance is so terrible? Wish I had decent PLC connection between the rooms.

Hi, try the devices (PLC) directly wall socket. If you operate the PLC via power strips, the throughput drops rapidly, as it is with line filters or isolation transformers !! Sad

5 of the Phantoms are hard-wired through the wall and mounted with Gecko. The remaining Phantoms are connected to sockets, but they are on 3 different circuits. The same circuit as the Dialog is the one performing the best. I think its the back and forth between Wifi and PLC that really is causing most of the issue. 

I looked up line filter and isolation transformer, what are some common products these are in? I have not installed anything like this myself, but is it possible that the electricity company installed something like when the apartment was built?
(14-Jan-2018, 20:31)hydr Wrote:
(14-Jan-2018, 20:16)K4680 Wrote:
(14-Jan-2018, 18:04)hydr Wrote: But I wondering why my PLC performance is so terrible? Wish I had decent PLC connection between the rooms.

5 of the Phantoms are hard-wired through the wall and mounted with Gecko. The remaining Phantoms are connected to sockets, but they are on 3 different circuits. The same circuit as the Dialog is the one performing the best. I think its the back and forth between Wifi and PLC that really is causing most of the issue. 

I looked up line filter and isolation transformer, what are some common products these are in? I have not installed anything like this myself, but is it possible that the electricity company installed something like when the apartment was built?

Hi, no, this is not installed! For example, filter socket strips (Isotek, Supra etc) are meant! It is true, they are different circuits, but always the same phase!
On which fuses (Nr) are the phantoms connected?

Another problem with the PLC is fault protection (FI), which disturb the transmission in the high frequency range. And that is your problem! With you combi fuses are installed (ABB DS202CM), FI switch and fuse in one unit!
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Germany / Bavaria
(14-Jan-2018, 21:27)K4680 Wrote:
(14-Jan-2018, 20:31)hydr Wrote:
(14-Jan-2018, 20:16)K4680 Wrote: Hi, try the devices (PLC) directly wall socket. If you operate the PLC via power strips, the throughput drops rapidly, as it is with line filters or isolation transformers !! Sad

Hi, no, this is not installed! For example, filter socket strips (Isotek, Supra etc) are meant! It is true, they are different circuits, but always the same phase!

Another problem with the PLC is fault protection (FI), which disturb the transmission in the high frequency range. And that is your problem! With you combi fuses are installed (ABB DS202CM), FI switch and fuse in one unit!

Hello,
Sorry for late reply, I have been sick with the flu the last few days. 

Wow, thank you very much! This is new information for me, and could explain why I am having such issues. #9 has 4 Phantoms and Dialog. #7 has 1 Phantom and #8 has two Phantoms. Would I have to replace the ABB DS202CM with a separate fuse and FI to solve this you think?

Thank you again for helping me, you have provided more help than devialet support have in over 60 e-mails back and forth, and endless testing.
(19-Jan-2018, 15:24)hydr Wrote:
(14-Jan-2018, 21:27)K4680 Wrote:
(14-Jan-2018, 20:31)hydr Wrote: 5 of the Phantoms are hard-wired through the wall and mounted with Gecko. The remaining Phantoms are connected to sockets, but they are on 3 different circuits. The same circuit as the Dialog is the one performing the best. I think its the back and forth between Wifi and PLC that really is causing most of the issue. 

Hello,
Sorry for late reply, I have been sick with the flu the last few days. 

Wow, thank you very much! This is new information for me, and could explain why I am having such issues. #9 has 4 Phantoms and Dialog. #7 has 1 Phantom and #8 has two Phantoms. Would I have to replace the ABB DS202CM with a separate fuse and FI to solve this you think?

Thank you again for helping me, you have provided more help than devialet support have in over 60 e-mails back and forth, and endless testing.

Hello hydr, I'm still skiing in the mountains until Sunday! But I think I have a solution for you! Until next week!
Get well soon?
Germany / Bavaria
Hello,

Thanks, feeling better already. Have a great time skiing!
Hello hydr, here drawn the plan quickly.
You need 3 pcs. Allnet PLC coupler ALL16881PC AC 250/440 V 50 / 60Hz, suitable for signal bridging via RCCBs and electricity meters.
An acquaintance, this combination has often installed abroad in 1 Phasigen plants (coupling of data loggers)!
It is best to have an electrician advise you if he can install it for you (wiring diagram)!
Connection diagrams for electricians, on the last page of the description!

Everything, of course, without any guarantee that it will work for you! Therefore, one could install the PLC once provisionally and see that it is successful!

!!!ATTENTION: These devices may only be installed by a qualified electrician, otherwise there is a risk of fire or electric shock.!!! Angel

Attached Files
.pdf   ALLNET.pdf (Size: 1.06 MB / Downloads: 15)
.pdf   All-PLC.pdf (Size: 1.6 MB / Downloads: 15)
.pdf   ALLNET_ALL16881PC_POWERLINE_PHASENKOP_.pdf (Size: 980.7 KB / Downloads: 9)
Germany / Bavaria
(22-Jan-2018, 14:00)K4680 Wrote: Hello hydr, here drawn the plan quickly.
You need 3 pcs. Allnet PLC coupler ALL16881PC AC 250/440 V 50 / 60Hz, suitable for signal bridging via RCCBs and electricity meters.
An acquaintance, this combination has often installed abroad in 1 Phasigen plants (coupling of data loggers)!
It is best to have an electrician advise you if he can install it for you (wiring diagram)!
Connection diagrams for electricians, on the last page of the description!

Everything, of course, without any guarantee that it will work for you! Therefore, one could install the PLC once provisionally and see that it is successful!

!!!ATTENTION: These devices may only be installed by a qualified electrician, otherwise there is a risk of fire or electric shock.!!! Angel

Wow, thank you very much K4680! You are amazing.

Do you think this would improve the PLC connection on a single circuit as well? Like one with 1 dialog and 3 phantoms on the same circuit, would this improve their communication as well?

I will order these parts and have an certified electrician install it. You even drew a connection diagram for me, thank you so much! You are amazing.