Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon and Core Infinity
Mentions have been made regarding Roon and Core Infinity in both forums.  I thought it is time to open a threat on the related issues now that many of us have upgraded.

I received my upgraded D440 Pro a couple of weeks back, and were pleasantly surprised that it was working fine *Prior to the latest Roon firmware upgrade* except with the following known bugs:

- Sound coming out of left channel only when playing native DSD.  Can workaround by setting Roon to resample everything to PCM.

- Sound coming out of left channel only after switching from other sources.  Can be fixed by turning the Devialets on and off.

- The usual "Device in use" problem when playing for the first time.  Can be fixed by turning the Devialets on and off.

----

But *after upgraded to latest Roon 1.4 (build 294)* version, I am now always getting "Device in Use" when trying to play, and can't recover despite resetting everything.  Including recycling the Devialets, restarting Roon and Rebooting my Mac Mini Server.  Nothing works.  As of now Roon Air is bricked.

I reported this to Roon and they said it is one of the many known problems with Core Intinity, and that Devialet is working on it.  Not very promising.

-----

Has anyone experienced the same problem?

Welcome others to post their own issues here.
Kondo Overture PM-2i, Weiss DAC502, LP12 Haben, Aro, Keel, Radikal, Urika, EMT JSD6, Phasemation PP-300/T-300, Linn Krystal, Penaudio Serenade Signature

Kondo Operia SPs 2.7, KSL-VzII, Acz-Avocado, etc.

My issues, still using the firmware the Devialet came back with and Roon latest build, are:

Playlists that change sampling rate or between tidal and local files stop and I need to tap next to move the playlist on. Don’t have a fix for this, resampling to the same rate doesn’t work for me. Albums play through fine.

192k files break up occasionally, for now i’m Setting 96k as the max and it plays fine, there is the odd very minor glitch on DSD.

I’ve had the device in use problem, I can sort this by switching to a different zone and then back again.

Sound is very good so there is a lot of potential when the issues are fixed!
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
It might be of help to post what version of the Devialet OS/Firmware you are running.

For example, I am running Export Pro 2.1.0 which has DOS 2.1.0 and Firmware 12.1.2

I am running Roon v1.4 - most current build.

I have a Devialet 440 Pro and I have it connected via ethernet. My Roon Rock NUC is also connected via ethernet.

My only issues to date are:

I can recreate the Transport: Device in Use issue by switching between songs of different sample rates ( by playing each song a few seconds and then moving to a different song at different sample rate )

Switching to a DSF file knocks out the right channel (companion) with no sound coming out and requires hard re start of ROON NUC and Devialet.

Bear in mind I have not yet used my phono so only the AIR input to date.

I am sure you have already tried but have you powered off your Devialets, including disconnecting their individual power cords, as well as fully shutting down your PC running Roon, prior to attempting to get your system working without the "Device in Use" error?
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
I'm starting to get really anxious about sending my Od'A for the 'upgrade'. My wife has lately really got back into playing music again since Roon got AIR to work. She's got the Mac mini and iPad to play Roon in the living room on the Od'A and the iMac and her iPhone set up to play Roon over the Kef LS50's in the office. She's loving the ease of use. So for me to send my Od'A away just so we can sit around and wait for Devialet to find a solution to the problem is not an option. So I have a question that I would like to ask to everyone on DevialetChat;

Is there ANYONE who has got Roon over AIR running 100% faultless with the CI board? I mean 100%. No small glitches with sample rate changes or anything else.

Thanks,

Pim
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
@Pim Not here, I am using ethernet based Roon AIR. If you don't have DSD (DSF) files than one issue you need not worry about. But I have experienced the glitches/issue that others have highlighted. Personally, given your situation, I would recommend waiting for now.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(29-Dec-2017, 01:22)The baddog Wrote: @Pim Not here, I am using ethernet based Roon AIR. If you don't have DSD (DSF) files than one issue you need not worry about. But I have experienced the glitches/issue that others have highlighted. Personally, given your situation, I would recommend waiting for now.

Thanks Baddog. That's probably what we'll do.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Air/Roon Works fine .... unless you have tracks/albums of different sample rates, or if you want to upsample in Roon, or if you want to use Roon’s Convolution...you get the picture
Nucklehead AMD Server  -   Devialet 1000Pro  -  Magico S3 Speakers
New England
USA
(28-Dec-2017, 16:21)agentsmith Wrote: Mentions have been made regarding Roon and Core Infinity in both forums.  I thought it is time to open a threat on the related issues now that many of us have upgraded.

I received my upgraded D440 Pro a couple of weeks back, and were pleasantly surprised that it was working fine *Prior to the latest Roon firmware upgrade* except with the following known bugs:

- Sound coming out of left channel only when playing native DSD.  Can workaround by setting Roon to resample everything to PCM.

- Sound coming out of left channel only after switching from other sources.  Can be fixed by turning the Devialets on and off.

- The usual "Device in use" problem when playing for the first time.  Can be fixed by turning the Devialets on and off.

----

But *after upgraded to latest Roon 1.4 (build 294)* version, I am now always getting "Device in Use" when trying to play, and can't recover despite resetting everything.  Including recycling the Devialets, restarting Roon and Rebooting my Mac Mini Server.  Nothing works.  As of now Roon Air is bricked.

I reported this to Roon and they said it is one of the many known problems with Core Intinity, and that Devialet is working on it.  Not very promising.

-----

Has anyone experienced the same problem?

Welcome others to post their own issues here.

As @baddog said, to clear the “Device in use” error, the key is to unplug each D from the mains, not to just turn them off and on again.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Thanks Axel Baddog, will try 2 weeks later when I return from overseas.

My Firmware & DOS Versions are:

Hardware: D440 Pro
HW 6.2
SW 11.51B
DOS 2.1.0 RC4
Kondo Overture PM-2i, Weiss DAC502, LP12 Haben, Aro, Keel, Radikal, Urika, EMT JSD6, Phasemation PP-300/T-300, Linn Krystal, Penaudio Serenade Signature

Kondo Operia SPs 2.7, KSL-VzII, Acz-Avocado, etc.

It seems somewhat simplistic to state that a bug on Devialet when its appearance is triggered by a room update.
Qobuz/Sonos/D200/GT1 SE (offered to my father, who enjoys it every day)
2 Phantom Reactor 600 and Spotify Premium