Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to connect sub for music and HT
I am trying to figure out how to connect my subs.

Right now I have the HT setup as described in several posts with the surround processor (Emotiva MC-700) connected to the Expert 200 and volume control bypassed. The subs are connected to the Emotiva .1 output.

In music mode everything is handled by the Expert. In HT mode the Emotiva takes care of things, but the front channels are fed to the Devialet.

If I want to use the subs also in music mode, how should I set that up?
Based on your info, it is not clear what other inputs you use on the Devialet. Anyway, you can configure one of the first two RCA output/input connectors as a sub output. The other four RCA connectors only work as digital or analogue inputs. So in your case, you would have to use the second or third pair of connectors as power amp input and one of the first two as sub output. Since you have only one sub, set it to mono.

Now, the tricky thing is the volume. For movies when you use the Devialet as a power amp, you'd want 'fixed' but for music, you'd want 'variable'. I don't know how to work around that. The only
thing I can think of is to set it variable and find the right volume on the Devialet for the sub when watching movies (ideally with a calibrated microphone) and then every time use the Devialet volume controller to dial to that volume before you start a movie. Maybe others have better ideas.  

You'd probably have to readjust things on the sub though, phase and delay perhaps.
Win10/HQPlayer / Roon - Uptone Audio Etherregen switch / SOtM-SMS-200 ultra with clock input - Mutec REF 10 clock for the switch and the streamer - Denafrips GAIA DCC - Devialet D800 - YG Acoustics Carmel - Dual Elac SUB-2090 
power supplies: Uptone JS-2, SOtM SPS-500