Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Noise in the digital preout
Hello!

I have actived the digital preout in my new 220 pro with CI and lastest DOS and firmware.

I have ouputted sound, but also clicking noise.

No noise in the speakers.

Has anyone experienced this or it is some problem with my amp?

Thanks,

João
(03-Jan-2018, 22:33)tavares Wrote: Hello!

I have actived the digital preout in my new 220 pro with CI and lastest DOS and firmware.

I have ouputted sound, but also cracking noise.

Thanks,

João
I have my headphones connected via pre-out and haven’t heard any crackling. Have you checked your connections?  Can’t think why it would not crackle through the speakers as well.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
I don’t have any noise in the speakers.
(03-Jan-2018, 23:21)tavares Wrote: I don’t have any noise in the speakers.

Dou you run your headphones directly from the Devialet, or use a headphone amp?
Does the noise come from both channels?
Does it happen all of the time or when there is a peak in volume?
Have you checked your interconnects or tried substituting them?
Any other pointers you can give us?
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(04-Jan-2018, 01:01)Axel Wrote:
(03-Jan-2018, 23:21)tavares Wrote: I don’t have any noise in the speakers.

Dou you run your headphones directly from the Devialet, or use a headphone amp?
Does the noise come from both channels?
Does it happen all of the time or when there is a peak in volume?
Have you checked your interconnects or tried substituting them?
Any other pointers you can give us?

I am running my headphones in a mindisc deck connected to the digital pre-out of the Devialet
If I connect the source directly to the minidisc deck, all is perfect.

The noise happens in both channels and always, even with no signal from the sources but with them on.

I checked the interconnects and tried different connections.

Thanks,

João

Tudo bem, João?

I have a 1000 Expert Pro CI and at this moment I am ripping vinyl from the digital out on the slave. There is nothing like noise, clicking in the recorded file. 

Are you playing digital music via AIR.app? If the noise is not audible in the speakers, then it must come from the downstream device(s).
(04-Jan-2018, 11:58)Mohmm Wrote:

Thanks,

João

Tudo bem, João?

I have a 1000 Expert Pro CI and at this moment I am ripping vinyl from the digital out on the slave. There is nothing like noise, clicking in the recorded file. 

Are you playing digital music via AIR.app? If the noise is not audible in the speakers, then it must come from the downstream device(s).
Hello!

Not... the noise happens independently of the source... any source that is simply ON, even without signal, cases noise in the pre-out digital connection.
If I connect the source directly to the digital target device using the same cables, all is OK; but connecting trough the D220 pro, I get noise.

Thanks.
The only way to troubleshoot this effectively is to connect your headphones directly to the Devialet. You will need a couple of adapters to do this. I used to listen to my cans direct and still have the necessary adapters. I will dig them out later and send you a picture. If you have trouble sourcing the adapters, I would willingly send you mine, as I no longer need them. One last thought: go into the Configurator and select the phono input and under advanced settings, check the circle to enable Auto WiFi standby.
This gets rid of an intermittent soft clicking sound that can be heard on all inputs. Probably not the cause, but worth a try.
South Coast England
Hello!

I have made some more tests regarding this issue.

I have just found that the minidisc can not handle digital input signals with a sample rate higher than 48 kHz.

I have configured the digital output of the D to 48 kHz, but seems that it is ignored and the D output the digital signal with a sample rate higher than 48 kHz and so I get the clicking noise in the minidisc.

Anyone knows if this can be a software bug?

Thanks,

Joao