Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet predictions for 2018 (The 2018 Devialet Almanac)
Spark dead? https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1279783698
2019 has arrived, which first means that we need to wrap up 2018 with a Q4 update.  With this, I find it interesting to note that I ended the Q3 update with the words "This thread has been so dull this year that I feel compelled to predict that RAAT will indeed arrive in Q4, together with something totally unexpected that will arrive as a total surprise.  All of 2018 can't be that dull, can it?"

Well Roon RAAT hasn't arrived, but Q4 did deliver a surprise, the new Phantom Reactor.  Which is not just a new smaller version of the original, it also indicates a move away from Spark.  Time will tell how this develops, perhaps there is a 2019 prediction here for someone?  The Devialet Freebox Delta was also announced, although the significance of this is debatable as it appears to be a regional product.

So what were the more significant developments for the year?

A change in CEO. Founder Quentin Sannie steps down to be replaced by Franck Lebouchard.
The announcement of a new Expert "Core Team" being headed up by Joachim Fritsch.
New additions to the Pro range, the 140 Pro as a firmware update and the new 210 Pro Dual Mono
The new Phantom Reactor

In terms of predictions made, do we have a winner for the year?  Well nobody predicted a smaller Phantom or the 130Pro going 140Pro / 210Pro Dual mono, so overall we collectively failed to predict anything of significance.

There were a number of us that confidently predicted that Roon RAAT for the Pro would become a reality in 2018, which was not too much of a stretch of the imagination when you consider that Devialet had a working demo of RAAT back in March.  

@Zappydev was the most insistent poster stating that RAAT would not be implemented in 2018, so I guess he wins by default.  So congratulations to Mr Zappy, and RAAT implementation for the Pro has to be an absolute dead cert for 2019, doesn't it?

Happy new year to all! Shy
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Ha! I don't think anyone wins when predicting that Devialet will fail to reach a stated goal. But then, we're not too surprised either.

I still struggle with calling the Reactor a 2018 product given the lack of software support for anything other than it being a single, mono speaker. The design & pricing target is quite appealing, but not without the software and integration.

So here's to 2019 being a year of change for Devialet. Hopefully that will include RAAT, Reactor software, an onboard Expert Pro configurator, a new and improved remote app, and maybe a few unexpected gifts as well. Just as long as we're not having this same conversation this time next year.

Be that as it may, my 440 is sounding wonderful so I'm content for Devialet to take its time and get whatever is next right.

And yes, let's hope for a very Happy New Year!
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Thinking about my earlier post, it occurred to me that one new thing for 2018 that I had missed was Devialet's "Extreme High End" offering. Specifically a Euro 160k fully active set up to power the Vivid Audio G1 Spirits. This later emerged as Devialet AXD:

http://designwsound.com/dwsblog/2018/10/devialet-axd/

It then occurred to me that this was not actually anything that new for 2018, just a bit of fine tuning of something we had seen before, for example:

http://kudosaudio.com/bristol-show-2016-...rt-system/

So what have the new Expert "Core Team" been up to during 2018? Clearly not much has actually been delivered, so one could assume that there are a number of projects in the pipeline, just waiting to be delivered "soon". Who knows, maybe 2019 will be the year of the new remote app, online configurator, and many other unexpected things.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(01-Jan-2019, 11:10)Confused Wrote: 2019 has arrived, which first means that we need to wrap up 2018 with a Q4 update.  With this, I find it interesting to note that I ended the Q3 update with the words "This thread has been so dull this year that I feel compelled to predict that RAAT will indeed arrive in Q4, together with something totally unexpected that will arrive as a total surprise.  All of 2018 can't be that dull, can it?"

Well Roon RAAT hasn't arrived, but Q4 did deliver a surprise, the new Phantom Reactor.  Which is not just a new smaller version of the original, it also indicates a move away from Spark.  Time will tell how this develops, perhaps there is a 2019 prediction here for someone?  The Devialet Freebox Delta was also announced, although the significance of this is debatable as it appears to be a regional product.

So what were the more significant developments for the year?

A change in CEO. Founder Quentin Sannie steps down to be replaced by Franck Lebouchard.
The announcement of a new Expert "Core Team" being headed up by Joachim Fritsch.
New additions to the Pro range, the 140 Pro as a firmware update and the new 210 Pro Dual Mono
The new Phantom Reactor

In terms of predictions made, do we have a winner for the year?  Well nobody predicted a smaller Phantom or the 130Pro going 140Pro / 210Pro Dual mono, so overall we collectively failed to predict anything of significance.

There were a number of us that confidently predicted that Roon RAAT for the Pro would become a reality in 2018, which was not too much of a stretch of the imagination when you consider that Devialet had a working demo of RAAT back in March.  

@Zappydev was the most insistent poster stating that RAAT would not be implemented in 2018, so I guess he wins by default.  So congratulations to Mr Zappy, and RAAT implementation for the Pro has to be an absolute dead cert for 2019, doesn't it?

Happy new year to all! Shy

Haha - I will proudly accept the award, and I look forward to receiving my prize of a Cadenza Black (sans stylus) any day soon.

It gives me no satisfaction to have been pretty much right about RAAT a year ago. How long can it possibly take, ffs ?

I plan to send my Od’A to Paris for CI in Q1, in order to avoid it getting tangled up in any Brexit shipping shenanigans, so my only 2 predictions are that (a) it won’t come back RAATed and (b) the flawless Roon AIR performance I have been enjoying for the last couple of years will be a thing of the past. (Posted here because they don’t meet the official criteria for 2019 predictions  Big Grin )

Happy New Year to all.
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
(01-Jan-2019, 17:50)Zappydev Wrote: I plan to send my Od’A to Paris for CI in Q1, in order to avoid it getting tangled up in any Brexit shipping shenanigans, so my only 2 predictions are that (a) it won’t come back RAATed and (b) the flawless Roon AIR performance I have been enjoying for the last couple of years will be a thing of the past. (Posted here because they don’t meet the official criteria for 2019 predictions  Big Grin )

Happy New Year to all.

I've received mine back a week or so ago. Go ahead and send it mate. You won't regret it. I'm absolutely blown away by the improvement. Roon AIR is as stable as before. It just sounds better.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(01-Jan-2019, 21:30)Pim Wrote:
(01-Jan-2019, 17:50)Zappydev Wrote: I plan to send my Od’A to Paris for CI in Q1, in order to avoid it getting tangled up in any Brexit shipping shenanigans, so my only 2 predictions are that (a) it won’t come back RAATed and (b) the flawless Roon AIR performance I have been enjoying for the last couple of years will be a thing of the past. (Posted here because they don’t meet the official criteria for 2019 predictions  Big Grin )

Happy New Year to all.

I've received mine back a week or so ago. Go ahead and send it mate. You won't regret it. I'm absolutely blown away by the improvement. Roon AIR is as stable as before. It just sounds better.

That’s good to know !!! I hope I have the same happy experience as you  Wink
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
(01-Jan-2019, 22:25)Zappydev Wrote:
(01-Jan-2019, 21:30)Pim Wrote:

Happy New Year to all.

That’s good to know !!! I hope I have the same happy experience as you  Wink

I've had the inlays here for Christmas and only had about half an hour on my own before. I knew it was only going to be a quick listen so I played some of my favourites. I ended up with tears on my eyes at some point. That's not happened to me before. Most of the inlays have left now and I'm a little worried the extra mattresses we had in the living room might have contributed to the great sound so I'm having a listening session right now. I can only imagine how good it would sound in a good room with better speakers.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.