Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet predictions for 2018 (The 2018 Devialet Almanac)
I predict they will implement MQA, simply because it is a three letter acronym!

More seriously, I think RAAT, along with a working CI board around April/May.  No idea when the promised Deezer, Bluetooth and other functions will come. 

I would also expect something portable or small home speakers to sit below Phantom.
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
I believe that at some point within 2018, most probably at fourth quarter, they will relaunch the upgrade programm for the users who have not updarwr their expert models to PRO status.

This is after theus firmware is proved stable and fully functional.

Στάλθηκε από το ALE-L21 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
When are we going to see room EQ?
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
(08-Jan-2018, 14:37)tategoi Wrote: When are we going to see room EQ?

I'd say there is zero chance of that now, certainly in the next 12 months or so. The trouble is all this stuff needs to be programmed and that means lots of painful bug testing. 

So my predictions are:

- CI board bug fixing will dominate most of 2018, new functionality (for e.g. Qobuz) to emerge in Q2
- a new PRO model below the 130 PRO will appear later this year, possibly Q3
- more OEM announcements to follow the Sky one

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
My personal predictions are:

1 I will have my Od'A updated in Q1

2 Air ethernet, Air wifi, Roon Air ethernet, Roon Air wifi won't work

3 I'll get rid of my Od'A and buy a Bel Canto Black
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Replace the 250 with a 300

I'll replace my 200 with a Bel Canto Black integrated,
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
My crystal ball is a bit murky but I see two possible scenarios for my Expert Pros this year 

Optimistic Scenario

1) Devialet will resolve all issues with CI upgrade within the next month or so
2) I will gladly send in my Expert Pros for the CI upgrade and get them back within a matter of weeks
3) Roon RAAT will become a reality this year
4) At least one new firmware functionality will be released that will significantly impress us and demonstrate why Devialet put the effort into the CI upgrade
5) I will still be a happy and content owner of my Devialet Expert Pros at year end

The Dark Side Scenario

1) Ongoing problems resulting from the CI upgrade will linger well into the year
2) I will regret sending in my Expert Pros for the CI upgrade
3) Roon RAAT will NOT be implemented this year 
4) No additional functionality will be released in 2018
5) I will be eagerly searching for a new audio-centric Christmas present

Personally, I am eagerly hoping for the former but, admittedly, fearing the latter...
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Black Phantom for cinema
Multichannel Dialogue
MQA
1. Devialet will fail to meet my expectations.
2. Devialet won’t learn from their mistakes.
3. Neither of the above will matter in the grand scheme of things.

I would like the CI Board though if they ever finish the proposed features and get it all running smoothly.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

@Hifi_swlon Let's hope the AES/EBU input works as before.

1. I definitely support Hifi_swlon's number 2. I'm not even sure they see it as mistakes. Maybe that is why...
2. Roon RAAT before end of 2018. I'm probably too optimistic Smile
3. OT! I'll be a Roon lifer in a few days!
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB