Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tannoy Legacy Arden
Has anyone here heard the (relatively) new Tannoy Legacy series? I'm liking the look of the Arden and wondering how they pair with a Devialet.

https://www.tannoy.com/Categories/Tannoy...EN/p/P0DEN
They look nice, the only Tannoy I have heard with my 400 at the time (now 440pro)
was a set of Churchills and they sounded fantastic, wide soundstage, low bass lots of air
around all instruments.

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

Very similar to Tannoy Berkley from the 70’s apart from a more sofisticated crossover adjustment arrangement and the advancement in driver technology. Dual concentric drivers are extremely efficient and I am certain these will sound fantastic using a Devialet.
My old Berkley’s are still being used by my son and I love to listen to them each time I visit. The only reason I changed speakers was downsizing our house and the Tannoy’s were too large for the room.
Cheers
Bill.
Devialet 1000pro C1. Aurender N10 Wilson Benesch A.C.T. ONE Evolution P1 Naim headline Naim highcap Sennheiser HD 800 Naim Super Lumina speaker cable. Shunyata Delta EF mains cables. 2 PSI AVAA C20 active acoustic absorbers.
@r4bbit
They look fantastic. Only a couple of feet wide and quite shallow, with front ports, they should be easy to place. They say that they are for larger rooms, but I wonder what they’d sound like near field?
Not too expensive either. Good bang for the buck, I’d say! Are you going to get a demo booked?
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(11-Jan-2018, 04:03)Axel Wrote: @r4bbit
They look fantastic. Only a couple of feet wide and quite shallow, with front ports, they should be easy to place. They say that they are for larger rooms, but I wonder what they’d sound like near field?
Not too expensive either. Good bang for the buck, I’d say! Are you going to get a demo booked?

I've let Tannoy know on their website I'd like to do a demo, but no stores in Sweden sell these. It's possible to buy them from Denmark and do a 30 day trial, but that just seems like a too big hassle.
I ordered a pair of Legacy Arden's yesterday, can't wait until they arrive early next week. I've got a 1000 Pro - I'll report back!
(20-Jan-2018, 10:26)pjlarge Wrote: I ordered a pair of Legacy Arden's yesterday, can't wait until they arrive early next week.  I've got a 1000 Pro - I'll report back!

Good for you @pjlarge! I bet they’ll sound fantastic. So, yes, please keep us up to date during the run in period and as they start to come "on song". Could you please compose a signature so that we can see what else you have in your system?  This would be especially helpful for comparisons to what the rest of us are running.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(20-Jan-2018, 10:42)Axel Wrote:
(20-Jan-2018, 10:26)pjlarge Wrote: I ordered a pair of Legacy Arden's yesterday, can't wait until they arrive early next week.  I've got a 1000 Pro - I'll report back!

Good for you @pjlarge! I bet they’ll sound fantastic. So, yes, please keep us up to date during the run in period and as they start to come "on song". Could you please compose a signature so that we can see what else you have in your system?  This would be especially helpful for comparisons to what the rest of us are running.
Signature updated!
440 Pro CI, Roon ROCK, Technics 1200G, Celestion Ditton 66
I am using Tannoy GR Stirlings with an Expert 220 Pro CI and like them very much.
Roon Rock, NUC7i5BNH, Expert Pro 220 CI, Thorens TD124/ESL1000/SPU, Mitchell Orbe/SME V/Shelter 901, RP3/DigiOne, Tannoy Prestige GR Stirling,
Some cables, Auralic Minis and etc.
                                    Toronto 

@pjlarge did you receive the Arden's? How do you like them in your system? I've been looking at the new Cheviot, but have not had a chance to listen to a pair yet.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB