Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D220 Pro missing something.
Hello Friends,

I just had two of my D220 Pro upgraded to the D220 Pro Core Infinity. Upgrade time was super..But today I noticed that the two units don't look the same. When looking through one of the clear windows the two units look different. I have attached two photographs and circled the difference. 

I have highlighted the part I can see through one of the D220 Pro here in Red square:

In this photo I have highlight what I can see in the Red circle:

Did Devialet forget to add something to the Core Infinity board?  Any advice would be of help. Thank you.
SOtM sMS-200-Ultra, SOtM sPS-500, Melco N1A, Rega RP8 (Exact 2), Core Infinity D440 Pro (2 x D220 Pro), Audioquest Diamond Ethernet, USB, Audioquest Castle Rock,  Sonus Faber Olympica I.
(10-Jan-2018, 19:05)JimSmith Wrote: Hello Friends,

I just had two of my D220 Pro upgraded to the D220 Pro Core Infinity. Upgrade time was super..But today I noticed that the two units don't look the same. When looking through one of the clear windows the two units look different. I have attached two photographs and circled the difference. 

I have highlighted the part I can see through one of the D220 Pro here in Red square:

In this photo I have highlight what I can see in the Red circle:

Did Devialet forget to add something to the Core Infinity board?  Any advice would be of help. Thank you.

Looks like it could be the the WiFi. Is there an antenna screwed into the rear socket?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
Yes the antenna is on both units.
SOtM sMS-200-Ultra, SOtM sPS-500, Melco N1A, Rega RP8 (Exact 2), Core Infinity D440 Pro (2 x D220 Pro), Audioquest Diamond Ethernet, USB, Audioquest Castle Rock,  Sonus Faber Olympica I.
(10-Jan-2018, 20:09)JimSmith Wrote: Yes the antenna is on both units.

Have you tried to configure the wireless connection? The module that’s missing looks like it’s labelled taoglas. They make WiFi and GSM antennas. So I’m guessing it’s something to do with the WiFi?

Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
Thanks. I have feeling that part is missing in one of the D220 Pro. Well this unit will be going back to the factory I guess. They were a bit to quick to send the units back to me. But it does raise a question if other units are also missing the certain Taoglas unit.

Update:
Seems like the Core Infinity board for a companion was fitted to one of the D220 Pro. The comparison board must not contain the Taoglas module. Oh well..
(10-Jan-2018, 20:28)JimSmith Wrote: Thanks. I have feeling that part is missing in one of the D220 Pro. Well this unit will be going back to the factory I guess. They were a bit to quick to send the units back to me. But it does raise a question if other units are also missing the certain Taoglas unit.

Update:
Seems like the Core Infinity board for a companion was fitted to one of the D220 Pro. The comparison board must not contain the Taoglas module. Oh well..

I’m not sure you’re right there. I’m currently using a 220 Pro companion as a master. I just looked and it has the module present right underneath the clear plastic window.

My 220 Pro master is in France at the moment for the CI upgrade. I bought the companion a few weeks ago from someone splitting a 440 Pro who had the CI upgrade done just a few days before I bought it. So it was upgraded as a companion and the module is definitely there.

Why would there be a WiFi antenna if there was no WiFi on the CI board?

@JimSmith I have had a look at my unit and the module is present inside the D220 Pro. Best to contact Devialet and raise a ticket in all probability the unit will be going back to the factory. Best of luck.
How are you guys seeing inside the 220 Pro? Do you take the cover off? I'm not ever sure how you'd do that.....
I just turned the unit around and looked through one of the clear windows. In one I could see very distinctive green writing, while the other had non. Looking closer it was clear that something was missing. Thanks @disarmamant and @Devialetuser for looking.

I think now I know what is missing. I had read somewhere that the D220 Pro Core Infinity unit contains three antennas inside the unit and also and additional antenna outside. Taoglas in the main antenna module which is inside the unit, then there is the Auxiliary antenna that we see protruding through the unit. In my case due to the missing antenna module I would surely have a very poor Air-Wifi quality. This could not be a one off issue and I would urge other Dev users to check.
This is the clearest photograph I could find. One connection is labelled Aux, and the other Main. In my case the Main is connected straight to the CI board. Thanks to @Elztalbiker for posting this on the forum.