Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HELP - Sources are a mess after core infinity upgrade
I received my D220 including core infinity board and the latest firmware from Devialet and noticed that the sources are messed up.

I use my D220 for watching TV via an AVR which I connected to my Devialet via RCA cables as well as the Trig In cable so that D220 automatically switches on, when my AVR switches on.

This setup worked fine prior to the core infinity upgrade, as my D220 would correctly select AVR / Line in as the source, which is configured like that in the expert configurator as well.

Now, when I turn on the AVR, Devialet seems to switch to a "Digital 3" Input, which to my knowledge does not exist or is not active at all. To prove my case:
When I start changing sources on the Devialet, the Digital 3 Source does not show anymore.

Anyone else noticed that? It seems to switch to "Digital 3" whenever I turn on the Devialet, although in the expert config I set it up to switch to AVR whenever I start the D220
Sounds like a bug in your configuration. Try making a new one from scratch if that doesn't work, I'm sure Devialet will have it fixed by Christmas
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I had my amps set to turn on with my CD/BluRay as the default input.
When they came back from the CI upgade, the amps started with "Digital3" as the default input.
Like you @k1282, I couldn’t find a Digital 3 input on the Configurator. The way I have my 440 set up, there are only (apart from the optical and USB) two digital inputs to be used. Very strange!
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Well I just played around with the Configurator, and one can configure it for 4 digital inputs, I have attached a screenshot. From right to left they are Digital 1 through Digital 4. Note I did not try downloading the file and using it in my Devialet.

Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Here’s a shot of my config:

As you can see, no Digital 3 there, yet it still shows up.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Agreed - that is a mystery. I am running the most current Beta and it is not showing up for me, I get AIR, UPnP, AirPlay, Spotify, and my Phono 2 input.

Which is neither here nor there.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(11-Jan-2018, 04:17)baddog Wrote: Agreed - that is a mystery. I am running the most current Beta and it is not showing up for me, I get AIR, UPnP, AirPlay, Spotify, and my Phono 2 input.

I’ll be trying the beta tomorrow. Hopefully I’ll get my input default back, which I have set so that other members of the family, who only want to play CDs, SACDs and BluRay movies, don’t have to frig about with settings. Turn the amp on, put a disc in the Oppo, press play, everybody’s happy!
South Coast England
(11-Jan-2018, 04:26)Axel Wrote:
(11-Jan-2018, 04:17)baddog Wrote: Agreed - that is a mystery. I am running the most current Beta and it is not showing up for me, I get AIR, UPnP, AirPlay, Spotify, and my Phono 2 input.

I’ll be trying the beta tomorrow. Hopefully I’ll get my input default back, which I have set so that other members of the family, who only want to play CDs, SACDs and BluRay movies, don’t have to frig about with settings. Turn the amp on, put a disc in the Oppo, press play, everybody’s happy!

i have a similar use case, which is why my wife is currently not so happy... but glad to hear that I am not the only one with that "issue". I opened a ticket for devialet support yesterday and am still waiting for a comment. will update this thread once i know more
After the latest beta firmware upgrades my 440 now turns on with the correct default output selected. No more "Digital 3" nonsense.
South Coast England
Cool - so now just the issue with the headphones output, DSD64 (if applicable) and 176.4...?
SXSW, US