Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
220 power supply
(13-Jan-2018, 12:57)kompressor Wrote: Hi Fi World review measured the 220 Pro as 144 watts into 8 ohms and 190 watts into 6 ohms due to protection kicking in.
I’m in the uk so around 230v on the mains, going slightly off topic I always see uk 3 pin mains plugs more secure and have a better fit that anything I’ve seen in Europe or the U.S. and don’t so easily work loose from the wall socket.

I lived in the UK, Europe and Japan for years. In my observation, all plug types can be equally good or bad. Aftermarket sockets and plugs such as the ones from Furutech, Oyaide, PS Audio, etc. can be so tight that I'm pretty sure my wife would be unable to unplug my stereo  Big Grin .
Win10/HQPlayer / Roon - Uptone Audio Etherregen switch / SOtM-SMS-200 ultra with clock input - Mutec REF 10 clock for the switch and the streamer - Denafrips GAIA DCC - Devialet D800 - YG Acoustics Carmel - Dual Elac SUB-2090 
power supplies: Uptone JS-2, SOtM SPS-500
(13-Jan-2018, 12:57)kompressor Wrote: Hi Fi World review measured the 220 Pro as 144 watts into 8 ohms and 190 watts into 6 ohms due to protection kicking in.
I’m in the uk so around 230v on the mains, going slightly off topic I always see uk 3 pin mains plugs more secure and have a better fit that anything I’ve seen in Europe or the U.S. and don’t so easily work loose from the wall socket.

Question is, what protection? I last few reviews (I did not see the one in Hi Fi) the amplifiers were tested with SAM enabled, which means "speaker protection" was limiting results.
Fanless HdPlex (HQPlayer) -> Merging Hapi -> Genelec 8351B
(13-Jan-2018, 16:53)maxijazz Wrote:

Question is, what protection? I last few reviews (I did not see the one in Hi Fi) the amplifiers were tested with SAM enabled, which means "speaker protection" was limiting results.

Yes possibly with Sam on.