Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon/Devialet
Anyone else seen this? Not sure I've seen a firmware version with Roon integration yet, but this does look like what Roon users have been asking for?

http://www.hifiplus.com/articles/roon-for-devialet/
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB
Nothing on the Devialet website. The author of the article maybe referring to the Roon/Air integration as there is no indication when the article was actually written.

The author also has some facts wrong, the 1000 Pro amplifier is a lot more than the £12K price quoted in the article. The 440 Pro is £11,998 in the UK.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
The review is wrong as far as I can see.

I think Alan Sircom is mistaking Roon's implementation of Devialet AIR as meaning that the Devialet is now Roon Ready. The AIR implementation does mean that Roon can see the Devialet on the network just as it sees Roon Ready devices, and it can stream to the Devialet over the network just as it streams to Roon Ready devices, but it does so using the AIR protocol rather than its own RAAT protocol which is what is used between a Roon Server and a Roon Ready device.

Devialet said in December that they were working on making the Expert Pro devices with the Core Infinity board Roon Ready but that has not been achieved yet. Roon don't show Devialet amps as being Roon Ready and Devialet don't claim that they are Roon Ready so that makes it as certain as possible that Devialet amps are definitely not Roon Ready. I don't think making the Devialet Roon Ready is going to change anything in terms of how easy it is to stream from Roon to a Devialet but the way the data is streamed will change if the Devialet is a Roon Ready device. It will be interesting to see if that would result in any improvements in sound quality/stability or anything else.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
The article per the OP's link is an old article. OK, it has only just been posted on line, but it relates to information received "as we went to press" for the 1000Pro review. The 1000Pro review was published on-line over six months ago.

So any mention of Roon in this article will relate to our much loved and now well established 'Roon Integrated AIR', there is nothing new here. In fact the only new thing is UPnP, which the article states the 1000Pro does not have. My CI equipped 1000Pro does indeed have UPnP. So it's an out of date article, nothing more.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(14-Feb-2018, 19:52)ozthepoz Wrote: Anyone else seen this? Not sure I've seen a firmware version with Roon integration yet, but this does look like what Roon users have been asking for?

http://www.hifiplus.com/articles/roon-for-devialet/

For me, this article is a big fat French kiss from Alan Sircom on Valentine's Day to the Devialet/Roon combo.  While some of the information may be outdated as other posters have pointed out, I read it more as a continued affirmation for the benefits of the integration.  For me -- I have a 200 -- it gave me the ne-plus-ultra solution I had long wanted for best SQ and access to the Roon eco-system. Heart
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.