Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help ! I want to improve my system
I want to

- eliminate my Mac Mini (and my RPI) to get a better SQ
- control my 220PRO and my Phantoms with only one app (see my other thread)
- have the possibility to use TIDAL and Qobuz (that´s the ROON problem).

I like

- the INNUOS Zenith all in one device solution, but I have also a NAS (Synology) for my library if necessary and useful (for other better solutions).

I am confused, because every solution seems to have a disadvantage at any point...so I can´t find the right way (Sonore, NUC etc)

Or is the solution to wait for Devialet until they offer a "great software update" - I know they are working on a new UPnP app for both systems - Experts and Phantoms...

I would be happy for every for every tip...

THANKS !
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana
(13-Jan-2018, 18:50)midi Wrote: I want to

I like

- the INNUOS Zenith all in one device solution, but I have also a NAS (Synology) for my library if necessary and useful (for other better solutions).

I am confused, because every solution seems to have a disadvantage at any point...so I can´t find the right way (Sonore, NUC etc)

Or is the solution to wait for Devialet until they offer a "great software update" - I know they are working on a new UPnP app for both systems - Experts and Phantoms...

THANKS !

Hi @midi, Not sure where you are based, nor what your budget is, but have you looked ast the new Wyred4Sound Music Server: https://wyred4sound.com/products/music-servers/ms ? It is very well specified and Roon ready (you will need to subscribe to Roon). I use their earlier Music Server (as well as Roon/AIR) and am more than happy with it. Just a suggestion.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
(14-Jan-2018, 12:25)brit Wrote:
(13-Jan-2018, 18:50)midi Wrote: I want to

I like

THANKS !

Hi @midi, Not sure where you are based, nor what your budget is, but have you looked ast the new Wyred4Sound Music Server: https://wyred4sound.com/products/music-servers/ms ? It is very well specified and Roon ready (you will need to subscribe to Roon). I use their earlier Music Server (as well as Roon/AIR) and am more than happy with it. Just a suggestion.

David

Thanks.

The priority question is the right solution, then comes the price...

I want to leave a ROON solution, because I want to be free to use another streaming service as TIDAL. Perhaps I will use Qobuz Sublime in the future - not possible with ROON.

So I am searching for a solution that does not require ROON.
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana