Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Gold Measurements 10-80hz
Hi all, 

I thought you may find it interesting to see some measurements in my room of the Phantom Gold's.

I played a 10-80hz sweep from 50% volume up to 90% volume. You can easily see at which volume the protection starts kicking in. 

The mic was about 150cm away from the Devialet Phantom Gold's. 

If you have more questions or want some specific measurements feel free to ask. 

Ps. - My room is not by any means perfect and the acoustics still need some work. 
     - I set the smoothing to 1/6, so it's easier to see the differences

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Was you sweep at 0dBFS?
If I remember correctly what I was told, 70 on the phantoms correspond to 0dB meaning that if you go above, any program that is at 0dBFS will be elliptically soft clipped.

What you can see from your curve is that a pair of gold is able to output 96dB SPL (93dB SPL per phantom) down to 16Hz which I don’t know many speakers capable of, even which much larger form factors! Very impressive in my opinion.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Did you measure with umik? Can you verify the db? Curves does look surprisingly good.
(14-Jan-2018, 19:17)Waiski Wrote: Did you measure with umik? Can you verify the db? Curves does look surprisingly good.

Yes, I measured with the umik-1. My room isn’t that large though, around 50m³. 

How would you want me to verify this? My db meter also confirms my findings with REW.
(14-Jan-2018, 20:43)Cyral Wrote:
(14-Jan-2018, 19:17)Waiski Wrote: Did you measure with umik? Can you verify the db? Curves does look surprisingly good.

Yes, I measured with the umik-1. My room isn’t that large though, around 50m³. 

How would you want me to verify this? My db meter also confirms my findings with REW.

Db meter is enough. Quite much bottom end this small bowl gives.
I made one more measurement unsmoothed to see what the max is in my room. Also, have them a bit more in the corners now. What REW shows is pretty impressive. 

Volume was at 85%, the low's didn't seem to go up higher with testing at higher volumes.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)