Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Very interested in Gold Phanom, but any latency issue?
Hello all , newbabie here. Having tried the phantom speakers in show room, I was impressed with the sound it can play.  I’m very interested in it m, but one thing still holding my decision. 

I’m going to use it for my iMac Pro which the optical output is missing. There are several  ways I could think of to  get them connected, by wifi/ Bluetooth or Ethernet. 

I read some threads and google where there are some saying lip sync delay issue. Can anyone advise please ? 

I will be having gold phantom solo for my bedroom desktop use. 

Last question , is it more stable by Ethernet over wifi? How to  create direct Ethernet connect with iMac?
(14-Jan-2018, 17:05)stussyclie Wrote: Hello all , newbabie here. Having tried the phantom speakers in show room, I was impressed with the sound it can play.  I’m very interested in it m, but one thing still holding my decision. 

I’m going to use it for my iMac Pro which the optical output is missing. There are several  ways I could think of to  get them connected, by wifi/ Bluetooth or Ethernet. 

I read some threads and google where there are some saying lip sync delay issue. Can anyone advise please ? 

I will be having gold phantom solo for my bedroom desktop use. 

Last question , is it more stable by Ethernet over wifi? How to  create direct Ethernet connect with iMac?

Airplay should be the way you would use the Phantom together with your iMac, either through wifi or through ethernet. Airplay takes care for compensating delays. The limitation will be that airplay only offers 24/44.1 or 24/48kHz audio and not higher quality.
There is a 45 days return policy that Devialet offers. So, you can test if it works in your setup and for your needs. Worst case you return it back, so no risk for you to order without having tried it.