Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
No update in 3 month...
Hi everyone,

I'm sad there is still no Spark or Phantom firmware update in 3 months. The Phantom firmware might be ok but Spark is still very buggy and is not optimised for the latest iPhone. I use Tidal with Spark and most of the time it failed to load music properly and behave strangely. I hope that in the next update the Dialog will have support Airplay 2.

Do you think we need an update ?
What problems do you think need more attention on the Phantom and Spark ?

Cheers,
I spoke with the support a few days ago and he gave me some information.

He mentioned this year there will be a big update, more like Spark 2.0. Also they will improve the support for home cinema, like DTS support.

I don't have more specific information, as he might have shared a bit too much already. But I do have hopes for 2018.
Hi

I've no issue with the firmware of my 2 gold phantoms. But sparks -especially on android devices- is the weakest point.
They should draw on Sonos interface which is very stable ad comfortable.
Would be so cool to have an Apple Watch version of Spark!
I originally bought my Silvers to use as the rear channels in my surround system with the mains driven by Devialet Expert amp. I thought this capability was going to be available soon after launch, so, some years later, it would be nice to actually be able to set them up that way!
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

I have been waiting for spark to work in landscape for almost as long. I am getting a crook in my neck.
(16-Jan-2018, 21:47)Rodrat2 Wrote: I have been waiting for spark to work in landscape for almost as long. I am getting a crook in my neck.

While waiting, you can use a rotation control app if you're on Android.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Unfortunately I use an ipad
(16-Jan-2018, 17:41)Ovi Wrote: Would be so cool to have an Apple Watch version of Spark!

You can already control your beloved phantoms by your applewatch. What else do you need?
I tweeted to the CEO that Devialet should invest more in Software.

Here is his reply:
"You are right. We are investing a lot. I hope you will see the difference"