Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audioquest CastleRock cables
Is anyone able to please comment on whether this cable will fit into D220 and any experience on sound quality?

System is 220 pro avec CI into Quad Z3’s.  Currently using vovox vocalis (on trial loan).

Many thanks in advance

T
Roon, Tidal, Macbook Pro 15 (quad core, 16 GB), Project Classic, Ortofon 2M Black, Devialet 220 pro CI, Focal Sopra N2. Bowers & Wilkins DB3D Subwoofer, Scotland, UK.
The cables will fit the D220 just fine, as for the sound I have been very happy especially with my Sonus Faber Olympica I speakers. I never thought that a cable can change the sound of a speaker, but these have transformed the Olympica. Before the highs were rolled off and the speaker just sound too warm (with the Audioquest rocket 88). Now the sparkle is back and a much more detailed presentation, beautiful midrange vocals are just amazing for a small speaker. I was about to sell the Olympica because I found them too warm and not very detailed but these cables have completely changed my perception. The soundstage is wide and has good depth. Highly recommended.
SOtM sMS-200-Ultra, SOtM sPS-500, Melco N1A, Rega RP8 (Exact 2), Core Infinity D440 Pro (2 x D220 Pro), Audioquest Diamond Ethernet, USB, Audioquest Castle Rock,  Sonus Faber Olympica I.