Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remote app just stopped working
(20-Jan-2018, 15:28)brit Wrote:
(20-Jan-2018, 15:01)Womaz Wrote:
(20-Jan-2018, 14:44)brit Wrote: Who is your Internet Service Provider - have you spoken to them about your problems? I have to admit that Virgin were very good with my problem - did a lot of remote testing before deciding that there was an issue - and then very quick to send out an Engineer to (hopefully) fix it. I don't actually think it was a Network issue yesterday because all other Networked, and Wi Fi activated devices and Services, where working fine - music was playing, and Roon/AIR was fully functional, it was only the Remote app that was playing up on all iPhone, iPad and Samsung phones. Lest you think that we are over-run  with i devices, I should explain that I have a museum piece iPhone 3 which is now dedicated to my Devialet remote app, an iPad which doubles up as the Roon remote. My wife has an iPhone (a much more modern 5 series!), which also has the Remote app (bad mistake there), and I have a Samsung Android phone.

David

I switched to Bt a few months ago. It’s fibre BB and I am getting around 60mb speed.
I had issues with sky too, my last provider, but Tidal worked flawlessly . I decided to switch to BT as it’s a faster speed and my Tidal has never been the same . Dropouts and tracks not finishing . Tidal say it is a common issue and they are working on it.
I feel a bit jinxed at times. I got my 200 and it was intended to be a one box solution. Hmmm, AIR for me was a disaster with the white noise etc. So eventually I bit the bullet and added the Melco. This solved all my problems albeit it defeating my initial aim. However I did it at the time to get the PC out of the chain.
Now I am having major issues again and I don’t know which way to turn to be honest
Tidal suggested changing my dns settings last year but for the bt hub I have this is not possible apparently

Right now I am seriously considering getting rid of tidal and buying downloads again. But I have to admit Tidal has revolutionised the way I listen to music and i would really miss it

Have you spoken to BT about it? We have BT BB installed at my Mother-in-Laws, and had a few problems with Wi Fi "drop outs" about 6 months ago. Again I spoke to their "help line" people who carried out a remote test, the upshot being that they sent me an "updated" Router and everything has been fine since. I must admit that we do not have a "hard wired" Ethernet network at M-in-L's so could not say how stable that would be. 

David

It's extremely difficult to know where to lay the blame, but as another data point for you, I use Tidal extensively over BT Fibre (Infinity 2) and I have to say that I experience zero issues with the stream. Inside I use a mixture of wired and WiFi, but I should add that I don't use the BT Home Hub. I use an older style BT fibre modem connected through to an Apple Airport Extreme, and I could not be happier with that side of things. Maybe your hub is the culprit ?
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
I did speak to them a few months ago. They did a line check and said they could find no issues. I think I may need to contact them again
Thanks for all your input here
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(20-Jan-2018, 15:35)Zappydev Wrote:
(20-Jan-2018, 15:28)brit Wrote:
(20-Jan-2018, 15:01)Womaz Wrote: I switched to Bt a few months ago. It’s fibre BB and I am getting around 60mb speed.
I had issues with sky too, my last provider, but Tidal worked flawlessly . I decided to switch to BT as it’s a faster speed and my Tidal has never been the same . Dropouts and tracks not finishing . Tidal say it is a common issue and they are working on it.
I feel a bit jinxed at times. I got my 200 and it was intended to be a one box solution. Hmmm, AIR for me was a disaster with the white noise etc. So eventually I bit the bullet and added the Melco. This solved all my problems albeit it defeating my initial aim. However I did it at the time to get the PC out of the chain.
Now I am having major issues again and I don’t know which way to turn to be honest
Tidal suggested changing my dns settings last year but for the bt hub I have this is not possible apparently

Right now I am seriously considering getting rid of tidal and buying downloads again. But I have to admit Tidal has revolutionised the way I listen to music and i would really miss it

Have you spoken to BT about it? We have BT BB installed at my Mother-in-Laws, and had a few problems with Wi Fi "drop outs" about 6 months ago. Again I spoke to their "help line" people who carried out a remote test, the upshot being that they sent me an "updated" Router and everything has been fine since. I must admit that we do not have a "hard wired" Ethernet network at M-in-L's so could not say how stable that would be. 

David

It's extremely difficult to know where to lay the blame, but as another data point for you, I use Tidal extensively over BT Fibre (Infinity 2) and I have to say that I experience zero issues with the stream. Inside I use a mixture of wired and WiFi, but I should add that I don't use the BT Home Hub. I use an older style BT fibre modem connected through to an Apple Airport Extreme, and I could not be happier with that side of things. Maybe your hub is the culprit ?

Interesting theory. I may have to check this out. Again if I knew this was the issue and I could solve it I wou;d buy a decent router .
Daft question .....would my old sky router work with the BT service?
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
(20-Jan-2018, 15:41)Womaz Wrote:
(20-Jan-2018, 15:35)Zappydev Wrote:
(20-Jan-2018, 15:28)brit Wrote: Have you spoken to BT about it? We have BT BB installed at my Mother-in-Laws, and had a few problems with Wi Fi "drop outs" about 6 months ago. Again I spoke to their "help line" people who carried out a remote test, the upshot being that they sent me an "updated" Router and everything has been fine since. I must admit that we do not have a "hard wired" Ethernet network at M-in-L's so could not say how stable that would be. 

David

Interesting theory. I may have to check this out. Again if I knew this was the issue and I could solve it I wou;d buy a decent router .
Daft question .....would my old sky router work with the BT service?

Sorry, that one I can not answer Sad. I know that my Virgin router has a modem mode which, when enabled, allows the addition of a separate Router. A friend of mine has done this to extend, and improve, his Wi Fi coverage, but I have not found the need to interfere with the system as is. There is a BT Broad Band Forum where these sorts of questions have been asked, so might be worth looking there, or posing the question as it relates to your particular set up. Here is a link to a similar question, and the response: https://community.bt.com/t5/Connected-De...22#M116625

Not too sure if that will be of any help, but might give you a few pointers.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
It probably would if it was a fibre connection, but not if it was the regular ADSL service. Also, you would need to (a) be able to access the set-up pages of the router, and (b) know what settings you needed to change. Since the Apple Airport Extreme is just a router (no modem inside) I needed a separate fibre modem, so I bought a BT one off eBay, and that meant that most of the default settings were already fine. Incidentally, I use DNS 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 but I can't recall where they came from. Either way, I have been very satisfied.

A lot of folk are not overly impressed with the Airport Extreme for home audio use, and I'm sure that there are many better alternatives, but it suits me to be Apple-based, and I have had no issues with Tidal, with my Sonos and, thank goodness, nor with Roon-AIR either.
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
Many thanks for all the help on here . I will investigate a few of the suggestions on here .
To be honest I need to get my network issues sorted as it’s been hindering my music listening since I started to use the Devialet .
With sky I had it working flawlessly , stupidly I thought I was upgrading when I switched to BT for the extra speed .....oh and I get BT Sport free for 18 months .
I think first port of call is to try and get Bt to help first. If this fails I may bring someone in to have a look at my set up
(20-Jan-2018, 16:33)Womaz Wrote: Many thanks for all the help on here . I will investigate a few of the suggestions on here .
To be honest I need to get my network issues sorted as it’s been hindering my music listening since I started to use the Devialet .
With sky I had it working flawlessly , stupidly I thought I was upgrading when I switched to BT for the extra speed .....oh and I get BT Sport free for 18 months .
I think first port of call is to try and get Bt to help first. If this fails I may bring someone in to have a look at my set up

All the best of luck. We need you listening to, and enjoying, your music again, without hindrance Smile

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
(20-Jan-2018, 16:54)brit Wrote:
(20-Jan-2018, 16:33)Womaz Wrote: Many thanks for all the help on here . I will investigate a few of the suggestions on here .

All the best of luck. We need you listening to, and enjoying, your music again, without hindrance Smile

David

Thanks David . I do enjoy it but it is more with my portable set up as it’s hassle free ;-)