Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upgrade to Pro
@Fragoulisnaval all errors mentioned here are related to the CI board not the Pro upgrade itself. If you like your 200 I am sure you would love the 220. Core Infinity is paid for and included in the Pro upgrade, but the board is installed in a separate process these days. It may be a good thing to wait until all problems with Core Infinity is solved, but knowing Devialet - this can take some time...
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(23-Jan-2018, 10:56)Celts88 Wrote: Guillaume

Slightly off subject (sorry), and realise you're selling your O'dA's, but have you had them returned from the upgrade yet, and have you had a chance to hear the difference from the original O'dA.

Not trying to cause any angst here, but as the O'dA's will be the latest to have not just the CI upgrade, but also the Pro upgrade it would be good to know your thoughts (sorry if you've already posted your opinion).

@GuillaumeB

Hi there, I believe I posted some thoughts here:

https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=4781

Cheers,

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(23-Jan-2018, 19:08)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(23-Jan-2018, 10:56)Celts88 Wrote: Guillaume

Slightly off subject (sorry), and realise you're selling your O'dA's, but have you had them returned from the upgrade yet, and have you had a chance to hear the difference from the original O'dA.

Not trying to cause any angst here, but as the O'dA's will be the latest to have not just the CI upgrade, but also the Pro upgrade it would be good to know your thoughts (sorry if you've already posted your opinion).

@GuillaumeB

Hi there, I believe I posted some thoughts here:

https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=4781

Cheers,

Guillaume

Guillaume

Apologies, I thought you had only returned your O'dA's in the last month, didn't realise it was in December.

Hope you're enjoying your Absolare/Totaldac combo.

Cheers
John
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
@ogs

I agree with you, I hope taht all the issues with the CI board will have been solved ujtil the new dates of upflgrade from.expert to Pro

After all, it is a pity "half" of your upgrade not to deliver 100%

Στάλθηκε από το ALE-L21 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
(23-Jan-2018, 14:23)Fragoulisnaval Wrote: Every day something new of a problem arises regarding either the CI board, the integration, inputs not working etc.

I had been thonking of jumping to the Pro status once announced but then decided to wait and see what the new models will bring.

I am also waiting for an additional upgrade dates to be announced BUT I would like to see all problems solved. When I bought my D200, it eorled like a charm and still does, something I cannot say for the new (CI) models.

And I am too old to be a beta tester now....

I Think I am too old too but I am a beta tester and don’t have any issue at all - Maybe you should try it :-)
Devialet Expert 250 PRO Core, Innuos Statement 4TB, Primare BD32 Disc Player,  Stenheim Alumine Three, Tellurium Q Cables

Smoerum, Denmark
(28-Jan-2018, 08:42)Haas Wrote:
(23-Jan-2018, 14:23)Fragoulisnaval Wrote: Every day something new of a problem arises regarding either the CI board, the integration, inputs not working etc.

I had been thonking of jumping to the Pro status once announced but then decided to wait and see what the new models will bring.

I am also waiting for an additional upgrade dates to be announced BUT I would like to see all problems solved. When I bought my D200, it eorled like a charm and still does, something I cannot say for the new (CI) models.

And I am too old to be a beta tester now....

I Think I am too old too but I am a beta tester and don’t have any issue at all - Maybe you should try it :-)

I have also no problems and I am very happy with the new functions. Perhaps some files (DSD/192) are causing some problems, ok. But this is not a major problem.
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana
(23-Jan-2018, 10:40)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(23-Jan-2018, 08:14)Lincolnlad Wrote: Sorry of this is old news.  Has anyone got any news when the upgrade programme to Pro will begin again?  An 800 waiting to be upgraded here!

I heard something about February. 

Guillaume

Hi Guillaume, I have been informed by Hugo via email that the upgrade programme might well start this year!  I enquired about the cost (I am going to trial a dCS Network Bridge between my Melco and Devialet so the upgrade cash will go) to start saving again and again he had no idea!  Not helpful to existing customers- always the way!
Hi,
I received in january a 440 expert pro with the new core infinity hardware.

I’m really upset because, as you can see in the official devialet help center, after three months the core does not work at for a basic function: THE ANALOG INPUT OF THE COMPANION ARE MUTE.

I think that for a component that cost 15.000 euro is a very terrible fault.

I hope the Devialet had fired the engineering team that have done this terrible and not exscusable error and I hope that the will do a new software to correct this error,

The new Expert core infinity can sound like an angel but if the input doesn’t work I will be able to listen it just in Inferno!
(14-Mar-2018, 00:03)mstefano Wrote: Hi,
I received in january a 440 expert pro with the new core infinity hardware.

I’m really upset because, as you can see in the official devialet help center,  after three months the core does not work at for a basic function: THE ANALOG INPUT OF THE COMPANION ARE MUTE.

I think that for a component that cost 15.000 euro is a very terrible fault.

I hope the Devialet had fired the engineering team that have done this terrible and not exscusable error and I hope that the will do a new software to correct this error,

The new Expert core infinity can sound like an angel but if the input doesn’t work I will be able to listen it just in Inferno!

Welcome to the world of Devialet mate. My advice; get used to Devialet coming out with half arsed solutions. That's the way the've been for a number of years now and the trend doesn't look like it's going to change. 

I'm loving my Od'A and I'm not upgrading until I know the CI board works as intended. No way!
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.