Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calling all connoisseurs of the combo: Expert Pro/Sonus faber's Olympica
Hello!

Really considering Olympica III, after having demoed Olympica I with McIntosh gear, a few months ago, maybe half a year.

Tempted by the Expert Pro 220. Haven't demoed it with Sonus faber. Only with B&W 802 D3, one session at a dealer, about 2 years ago. (Expert 200, back then).

Afraid that adding the Devialet Expert Pro into the chain, could change the magic that I heard from the Olympica I, since Devialet's Expert Pro components have a very powerful signature of their own (if you can call it that).

Anyways, those of you who I think will be able to answer the question better, are those who were already familiar with the Olympica sound, before you decided to try it with the Expert Pro.

What happens to the Olympica sound after you add the Expert Pro? Do you lose some of the wonderful magic that Olympica makes, because of the Expert Pro signature?

Thanks!
I had a terrible experience with my Olympica lll... and i have a 220 pro too.
Now, i´m quite sure the problem isn´t all and only from the speakers, was also in the room.
In the last years i had in my house around 10 pairs of SF speakers, i love theyr look and sound. Some would stay here, others would come back to the dealer.
The O lll stayed for 5 or 6 months and after that period i changed them for a pair of Guarneri Tradition. I never fell in love with them.
It´s true i´m used to the monitor two ways sound, the previous was a pair of Extrema, but the O lll sound seems "too" big and always sounding the same for my taste.
But, like i told before, was in a environment that´s not the ideal. I know that now because i moved to a new house, different room, but i tried others speakers there with much better result.
Be aware of all this details but don´t follow my example, i know a lot of people that loves the combination 220Pro/Olympica lll, the dealer here sells a lot of them and you can find in this forum a lot of O lll owners, just listen carefully and try others.
Cheers.
Ok, thanks, BoyScout

I did demo the Guarneri Tradition not too long ago, at a different dealer with different everything, and it sounded completely different than the Olympica I. I'll have to go back to that dealer to see if I can find out the cause of the different sound.

Welcoming replies from others!

Thanks.