Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is 1.14.0.18 the latest firmware?
I also wouldn't describe it as a mess.

Yet, coming from the Naim Muso with their excellent APP I need to say, there is plenty of space for improvement.
Having recently come from a Naim Superuniti the Devialet software is no worse on the basis the Naim app drops out on a regular basis. Mind you not a great ad for either manufacturer.
I wanted to get rid of Spark and i bought a media bridge with Tos-link output... and things are not even better.
Crackles, delay... no 192 Khz sample rate.
When i play a music file, sometimes i won't hear the first 2 sec of the song at the start.
(28-May-2018, 09:26)daibaron Wrote: I wanted to get rid of Spark and i bought a media bridge with Tos-link output... and things are not even better.
Crackles, delay... no 192 Khz sample rate.
When i play a music file, sometimes i won't hear the first 2 sec of the song at the start.

I thought that 192khz isn’t officially supported over a Toslink cable? I know it works as I use it, but if the cable is too long, poor quality or if there are a few connections it drops out. That’s not devialet’s fault.
Kit: 2 x Devialet Phantom Gold’s plus 3 year Phantom care packs, White tree stands, Dialog, Phantom Remote. Use jRiver, Spark, Roon with a HiFiBerry RAAT using a fibre output.
^ I agree.
But a 24/192Khz file over PLC or WIFI won't work well either due to slow caching in Spark and irregular speed rate.
It's a dead end.
I'm going to wait and see what the next update will change... If no drastic improvements i will consider to sell my Phantoms.