Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is 1.14.0.18 the latest firmware?
(10-Feb-2018, 04:23)snbeall Wrote: Why all the back and forth? Just spit it out man! If you’re privy to “something big”, then either tell. Or keep it to yourself. Don’t be a tease.

Because it’s not public knowledge and I also myself don’t know specifically what the big firmware will feature.

I’m just trying to confirm that there is a later firmware currently out than what people are seeing/saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)
(10-Feb-2018, 00:35)Cyral Wrote:
(09-Feb-2018, 23:53)kmjy Wrote:
(09-Feb-2018, 23:22)daibaron Wrote: for Phantom Gold i think it's 1.14.0.18

For ALL Phantom it is 1.14.1.3.

When I say specific Phantoms I mean at random people are picked to have it installed. It’s not a mass rollout firmware at this stage.

I also have have 1.14.1.3 for my Gold Phantoms.

Spoke with a support a few weeks ago, he also mentioned a big update is coming soon, like Spark 2.0

My Gold Phantoms have 1.14.0.18 and my Silver has 1.14.1.3
All work well together, no incompatibility through PLC.
(10-Feb-2018, 07:41)streamy Wrote:
(10-Feb-2018, 00:35)Cyral Wrote:
(09-Feb-2018, 23:53)kmjy Wrote: For ALL Phantom it is 1.14.1.3.

When I say specific Phantoms I mean at random people are picked to have it installed. It’s not a mass rollout firmware at this stage.

I also have have 1.14.1.3 for my Gold Phantoms.

Spoke with a support a few weeks ago, he also mentioned a big update is coming soon, like Spark 2.0

My Gold Phantoms have 1.14.0.18 and my Silver has 1.14.1.3
All work well together, no incompatibility through PLC.

Big 2.0 update coming according to Devialet support, several users have been told so. What it does include is hard to say, but I´m sure they have told us some "hints". I think being able to chose PLC,Ethernet,Dialog Wifi as connection is one they hinted to me. I was told they are also working on a Mesh-networking solution between Phantoms and Dialog, but this will not be ready for 2.0.
Guess what ! Updates 2.1, 2.2... 3.0 are coming soon.
it will be a compatibility and stability update Smile

I don't know what to expect great from Spark app unless Devialet decides to redesign everything.
I just want an strict audio limit so i don't have to damage my hearing every time i expect the audio volume to be set at 35/100 in DLNA when it is set at 70/100
Can you imagine the Phantom uses different audio profiles that are 35 or 70 so the user is unable to control or set its own static value because it change dynamically according the audio profile (Bluetooth, DLNA, Wi-fi/PLC) !
they is no master audio volume.
The only thing the support mentioned about the next update was DTS support. Don't have more information besides that.
Devialet Phantom Gold Stereo
Is there a way to force phantoms to update to lastest firmware? My white phantoms and dialog all show 1.14.0.18

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
(01-Mar-2018, 23:47)Jon Wrote: Is there a way to force phantoms to update to lastest firmware? My white phantoms and dialog all show 1.14.0.18

There is a way to force it but it takes about an hour and completely factory defaults the units, removes all firmware, re-downloads the latest cersion, installs it then quality checks it. Each unit must be done individually and on its own and each unit MUST be wired to the Internet with Ethernet.

Devialet Phantom (White)
(02-Mar-2018, 01:04)kmjy Wrote:
(01-Mar-2018, 23:47)Jon Wrote: Is there a way to force phantoms to update to lastest firmware? My white  phantoms and dialog all show 1.14.0.18

There is a way to force it but it takes about an hour and completely factory defaults the units, removes all firmware, re-downloads the latest cersion, installs it then quality checks it. Each unit must be done individually and on its own and each unit MUST be wired to the Internet with Ethernet.

How do you do this ?
Plug one Phantom into the router.
Plug Phantom into power for 7 seconds.
Unplug Phantom from power for 3 seconds.

Repeat that 4 times.

The Phantom will enter ‘Rescue Mode’ which will try to recover a faulty Phantom. Part of this process is to format the system and download and install the latest firmware. Entering this mode is supposed to be a last resort option.

It can take up to 1 hour for each Phantom.

The woofers will vibrate very very rapidly during rescue mode. They will move every 10 to 12 seconds. They will occasionally do a full extension and then go back or rapid movements. Each extension represents a different stage in the recovery process.

Once rescue mode process is completed the Phantom will reboot and make the normal setup sound.

Devialet Phantom (White)
Just to be clear you're saying plug an Ethernet cable from the phantom into the internet router ( not the dialog )
Then plug phantom into a wall socket and power on and off as you describe?
Dialog is not involved in the process at all - correct?