Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Phantom VS Homepod
The guy that wrote the HomePod piece on Reddit is trying to defend his position on CA. I am sure if he'd avoided the 'audiophile' reference the controversy would have been smaller. Too late now. I bet he regrets it...
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Hi, there are parallels to Phantom! Angry

https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/HomePod+...own/103133
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
I'm thinking about selling both my golds for a pair of homepods ... they probably sound the same right ?
Tongue 
(15-Feb-2018, 16:20)Olivier4444 Wrote: I'm thinking about selling both my golds for a pair of homepods ... they probably sound the same right ?

Absolutely.  In fact, I'll make it 200%.  I'll trade your two pairs of Homepods for your paltry single pair of Golds so that you double your musical pleasure.  Angel

You can't accuse form members of not being generous...Smile
(16-Feb-2018, 18:22)MountainGuy Wrote:
(15-Feb-2018, 16:20)Olivier4444 Wrote: I'm thinking about selling both my golds for a pair of homepods ... they probably sound the same right ?

Absolutely.  In fact, I'll make it 200%.  I'll trade your two pairs of Homepods for your paltry single pair of Golds so that you double your musical pleasure.  Angel

You can't accuse form members of not being generous...Smile

Big Grin
I just got two HomePods. I already have 7 Phantoms, including 3 gold.

Only spent 5 minutes testing so far, and I´m not impressed at all. I was expecting great sound, but this is nothing special for me. I guess you can use some equipment and measure them "perfect", but I think a single White is much better sounding than the HomePod. Ah well.

that was a joke of course Wink
Heard the HomePods in the Apple store today. They sounded more like a Bose gizmo than an audiophile product. The bass is hyped to make the sound appear fuller, and there's some sort of algorithm at work akin to the "ClearVoice" setting on my TV's soundbar, but apart from the vocals, the entire mid range sounded thin and did not project all that well. I can see how it would be a nifty product for an office or bedroom, but even two would not adequately replace a real home stereo. Very happy with my Phantoms.