Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D440 Core Infinity beta code MC phono problem
Wonder if this is a known problem?  Or may be it is late in the evening and I made a mistake and couldn't think straight.

My setup is D440 with Core infinity upgrade and DOS-2.2.0-beta12_12.2.6

Been playing happily with my LP12/Krystal MC cartridge and Phasemation Step up transformer via the MM input.
 via the master phono input.

I also set up a second phono on the slave set up as MC.  Before the Core Infinity upgrade both inputs work fine.  

But tonight I tried switching the phono over to the MC input directly and there is no sound.  switching back the MM input works fine.

Has anyone encountered similar problem with their D440 Core Infinity?

Unless I did something wrong?
Kondo Overture PM-2i, Weiss DAC502, LP12 Haben, Aro, Keel, Radikal, Urika, EMT JSD6, Phasemation PP-300/T-300, Linn Krystal, Penaudio Serenade Signature

Kondo Operia SPs 2.7, KSL-VzII, Acz-Avocado, etc.

I also have the D440, since the CI upgrade (mid December) I have been unable to use the slave/companion chaining inputs and have had numerous and on-going contacts with Devialet without resolving the problem.

I had configured one slave/companion input as a line input, which I can see on my D440, but when I select that input I get no sound.

I have also had many problems which appear to result from a corruption of the configurator on my account, I was last advised to create an 'anonymous' configuration on Devialet site using Chrome with caches and cookies cleared thus:

"My engineer colleague said that the new config you do with clean cache and no cookies, should be done WITHOUT being logged into your account. So, what to do is go to https://www.devialet.com/en-eu/configurator/advanced but without being recognised/ logged in. "

It might be worth trying to do this.

As an aside, I use a Krystal direct into the Devialet MC input and, where prior to the D400 - D440 upgrade I had found the MC input very noisy when using a LOMC cartridge, I now find the MC input much quieter.
Issue - Devialet is working on

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk
(13-Feb-2018, 19:42)Elztalbiker Wrote: Issue - Devialet is working on

Let me be sure I understand... has Devialet acknowledged an issue with using MC phono input on CI upgraded Expert Pros?    If so, it's one more reason I'm glad I haven't sent mine in yet for the upgrade.  I was planning to send them in soon, but now I'm thinking I'll wait longer.   Until now, I hadn't heard of phono related issued with the CI upgrade.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(13-Feb-2018, 17:55)ovo Wrote: I also have the D440, since the CI upgrade (mid December) I have been unable to use the slave/companion chaining inputs and have had numerous and on-going contacts with Devialet without resolving the problem.

I had configured one slave/companion input as a line input, which I can see on my D440, but when I select that input I get no sound.

I have also had many problems which appear to result from a corruption of the configurator on my account, I was last advised to create an 'anonymous' configuration on Devialet site using Chrome with caches and cookies cleared thus:

"My engineer colleague said that the new config you do with clean cache and no cookies, should be done WITHOUT being logged into your account. So, what to do is go to https://www.devialet.com/en-eu/configurator/advanced but without being recognised/ logged in. "

It might be worth trying to do this.

As an aside, I use a Krystal direct into the Devialet MC input and, where prior to the D400 - D440 upgrade I had found the MC input very noisy when using a LOMC cartridge, I now find the MC input much quieter.

Thanks I will try your configurator trick.

Are you using the beta code?  My experience is the Beta code fixed a lot of the issues with the CI upgraded units, problems resolved including the single channel problem and the problems with DSD and 24/176.4.

I will try swapping the MC input back to the master ad see if this is an issue with inputs of the slave.
Kondo Overture PM-2i, Weiss DAC502, LP12 Haben, Aro, Keel, Radikal, Urika, EMT JSD6, Phasemation PP-300/T-300, Linn Krystal, Penaudio Serenade Signature

2 Phono on Master are working well

agentsmith - 

Yes the  Beta code solved my 'lost' channel and the config remedied a 'loop' that I had when selecting the active slave input ( the slave display would briefly flash as "S1 input" then show "Opt1" then the display would darken and the slave go into standby. -Nothing I have tried can get a squeek out of an active chaining slave input. 

What surprises me is that, if a failure to allow slave inputs to be activated for chaining is a software issue, then why does it not appear to affect every user of dual mono?
(14-Feb-2018, 05:47)Elztalbiker Wrote: 2 Phono on Master are working well

Did you mean 2 phonos, one on master and one on slave is working well for you?

2 Phono only on Master are working well

Dear all, here are my solutions for the latest firmware.

1. Analogue inputs to Master
2. Digital inputs to Companion
3. Configuration file needs to be setup from scratch. That is, you can’t edit or us your old files.

I have to express my appreciation to Mathieu from Devialet for his help in solving my problems.

Hope that will help you all.

Clement