Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cleaning Phantom Remote
(09-Mar-2018, 04:27)YZftw Wrote: Not asking about cleaning the remote but how do you clean that gold metal of the phantom? I can't get the finger prints off, have used a eye glass cloth with a little bit of water and wipe it down but that area is covered by tiny swirl marks LOL. Can't see it with the naked eye but can see if you shine a iphone flash light on the surface. 

Man i hate that metal casing, would be so much better if its just all white or black so it doesn't scratch easy!!!

I had a lot of trouble with it as well. What I did was remove the plates, if you press gently on the pointy parts, the rear rounded part pops out and you can pull them right out. Then I washed them with warm soapy water. But like you I still had superficial swirl marks from previous cleanings. So I put a dab of toothpaste on a microfibre cloth and I cleaned the plates very gently with that in circular motions. But I was gentle not to completely remove the gold plating as toothpaste is abrasive and I believe the gold plating is very very thin. That did the trick and it removed the superficial swirl marks. I then rinsed again with hot water which evaporated really fast. For the few water marks that were left I simply used my breath and a dry soft microfibre cloth to wipe them. I would say they are almost as good as new looking.
These cloths are fantastic for this kind of cleaning:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/cloth-Glass-Pol...ning+cloth

I use them to clean the chrome finish on my 440 Pro, my iPad and phone, mirrors around the home, windows, in fact anything with a smooth surface
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(15-Feb-2018, 16:13)Jayyyy Wrote:
(15-Feb-2018, 11:33)Johnnydev Wrote:
(15-Feb-2018, 11:18)Jayyyy Wrote: After inspecting and testing the remote, I noticed that it turns fine without the batteries in.
For some reason the batteries are applying too much pressure and prevent it from turning properly.

I had the same after falling from the table. something is broken then inside the remote.
It was not possible to repair and i had to buy a new one.

It is indeed broken, I managed to open it, some little plastic clips broke off

How did you disassemble the remote? I’m having the same issue: stickiness, and worse when the batteries are in. I don’t hear any loose parts, but I can’t get it open to check for any broken pieces.
(25-Jul-2021, 04:22)echooo23 Wrote:
(15-Feb-2018, 16:13)Jayyyy Wrote:
(15-Feb-2018, 11:33)Johnnydev Wrote: I had the same after falling from the table. something is broken then inside the remote.
It was not possible to repair and i had to buy a new one.

It is indeed broken, I managed to open it, some little plastic clips broke off

How did you disassemble the remote? I’m having the same issue: stickiness, and worse when the batteries are in. I don’t hear any loose parts, but I can’t get it open to check for any broken pieces.
Even I am facing the same issue with my remote. It had become hard day by day to turn it smoothly. The remote has never fallen or anything. Someone please suggest?