Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stillpoints and Devialet
Just wondering if any of you have Stillpoints under your Devialet and your impression of them?

Right now I am "barrowing" a set of Ultra Mini's. They are beautiful, but not really changing SQ from the BDR cones and disc's I had under there.

I am just wondering if maybe the Devialet's are just too light at 12 lbs to make a difference? Opinions...?

The biggest change I have found with putting isolation under my Devialet is the temperature of the unit. Now that it can breath from underneath, the chassis only gets a little warm as opposed to rather hot without.

I do like the sound with the BDR cones and discs, but I was expecting much more from the Stillpoints.

Thoughts?
DELL Win 7 PC running Foobar2000+Fidelizer+JPLAY > Wireworld Starlight ETH Cat 8 > SOtM ISO-Cat 6 > Wireworld Platinum Starlight ETH Cat 8 > Devialet 130 Expert Pro > High Fidelity Cables Reveal speaker cables > Custom built 10" cabinets...(for now)
I am not aware of any part of a Devialet being microphonic so would expect the only effect of after market feet would be on temperature due to raising it, personally. Whether one would expect it to sound better warmer or cooler has been debated before...
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

I am using the ultra SS Stillpoints under my D. I liked them better than the rollerblocks, the soft cones from nordost and sone others from finite elemente which I forget their name.

It is not night and day difference, more black backgrounds and a little more.details I would say...

I have put three weights over my D in order the SS to work better, sonce D is too light for them. See the attached photo[Image: bdb4630baa774b913f0ff0e2d805603e.jpg]

Στάλθηκε από το ALE-L21 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
(22-Feb-2018, 23:26)Fragoulisnaval Wrote: I am using the ultra SS Stillpoints under my D. I liked them better than the rollerblocks, the soft cones from nordost and sone others from finite elemente which I forget their name.

It is not night and day difference, more black backgrounds and a little more.details I would say...

I have put three weights over my D in order the SS to work better, sonce D is too light for them. See the attached photo[Image: bdb4630baa774b913f0ff0e2d805603e.jpg]

@Fragoulisnaval. What does the thin sheet of what looks like paper between the Stillpoint and your D serve?
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
I was looking at ESS racks also.
Focal Sopra No2, 130 Expert Pro with CI upgrade, Melco N1A, TQ Black USB, EWA LS-XXV SC, Atlas Isolated PSU, Ethernet CAT6 via Netgear switch. Melco LAN and Player CAT6.
@Axel

This is the emi/rfi absorbing sheet from Stillpoints, a gift from my dealer for purchasing the complete set of ultra SS.

I want to pyrchase anotherbone to put it on the top of D, for better shielding.

I do not expect to hear any differences, purely psychological reasons for this purchase....

(23-Feb-2018, 11:35)Fragoulisnaval Wrote: @Axel

This is the emi/rfi absorbing sheet from Stillpoints, a gift from my dealer for purchasing the complete set of ultra SS.

I do not expect to hear any differences, purely psychological reasons for this purchase....

Wow, that is quite an elaborate set up you have there. I figured that the amp itself was just too light to make a difference. 

As I wrote, I have some BDR cones and disc's that do a pretty good job with SQ, and great for temp. 

I am going to do some switching back and forth this weekend and make a determination.

Thanks for that input!!

I have
DELL Win 7 PC running Foobar2000+Fidelizer+JPLAY > Wireworld Starlight ETH Cat 8 > SOtM ISO-Cat 6 > Wireworld Platinum Starlight ETH Cat 8 > Devialet 130 Expert Pro > High Fidelity Cables Reveal speaker cables > Custom built 10" cabinets...(for now)
(23-Feb-2018, 23:04)MIO2013 Wrote:
(23-Feb-2018, 11:35)Fragoulisnaval Wrote: @Axel

Wow, that is quite an elaborate set up you have there. I figured that the amp itself was just too light to make a difference. 

As I wrote, I have some BDR cones and disc's that do a pretty good job with SQ, and great for temp. 

I am going to do some switching back and forth this weekend and make a determination.

Thanks for that input!!

I have
D is too light in my opinion for the ultra SS to work, that is why ibout the three weights on top in order for them to work better.

My plan is to tepace them with something heavier,if possible and with some dampening material, something like the HR stuff I read a review one month ago....

Experimenting is the way to go as far as vibration control is concerned, D could be very well affected depending on the material and way of support. Not much, but smalll differences are there

Have fun and share your experience with us

Cheers!

(22-Feb-2018, 21:00)f1eng Wrote: I am not aware of any part of a Devialet being microphonic so would expect the only effect of after market feet would be on temperature due to raising it, personally. Whether one would expect it to sound better warmer or cooler has been debated before...

I agree. Devialet has no transformers or moving parts and the case is carved out of one aluminium block. 
I tried a few things myself but very little effect and anything that I put NOT under the feet made things worse. The bottom plate is not designed to rest the whole amp on it, unlike most audio gear. 

The only things that made any difference positive difference are fo.q absorbers that actually absorb vibration and turn it into heat.
http://www.foq.jp/foqhp_e/product/g53fs.html
Win10/HQPlayer / Roon - Uptone Audio Etherregen switch / SOtM-SMS-200 ultra with clock input - Mutec REF 10 clock for the switch and the streamer - Denafrips GAIA DCC - Devialet D800 - YG Acoustics Carmel - Dual Elac SUB-2090 
power supplies: Uptone JS-2, SOtM SPS-500
I used Ultra SS's under my D200 and I really couldn't hear much of a difference if any. The other slight snag with the D200 is that the Stillpoints scuffed the matt black paint/coating a bit on the undercover. Not all the way through the coating but just surface scuffing.