Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
customer service
How do you feel about devialet's customer service?
I only needed customer service very early days. The first time when I canceled my preorder in March 2015 after I could purchase my first Phantoms at Colette a French store that sold the Phantoms earlier than Devialet themselves. There was no problem, Devialet refunded the preorder payment just after a phone call. The second time was when the Dialog started to blink in orange or red, which indicated that something was wrong. It got it replaced immediately. I could keep the Dialog until the replacement came and it was still working. After receipt of the new Dialog I returned the old one. Since then I had no need of customer service, listen to the Phantoms almost daily, very stable system, maybe once in a while I do a reboot of Dialog and Phantoms, which is healthy for any IT system to flush memory.

Pierre35, how do you feel?
Streamy,

Thanks. It's good to know.

I've read that Devialet cannot replace Phantom's parts if they get damaged. Is this true?
I'm conducting a quick research on Devialet for a course and as soon as I heard the Phantom I was like: "Gee I need to buy one". But I want to make sure first that I'm covered in case something happens.
I've seen that they offer a 3-year warranty and insurance for 400$. Are they confident something is gonna break?
(25-Feb-2018, 11:48)Pierre35 Wrote: Streamy,

I've read that Devialet cannot replace Phantom's parts if they get damaged. Is this true?
I'm conducting a quick research on Devialet for a course and as soon as I heard the Phantom I was like: "Gee I need to buy one". But I want to make sure first that I'm covered in case something happens.
I've seen that they offer a 3-year warranty and insurance for 400$. Are they confident something is gonna break?

Go and buy it Smile You will enjoy every minute.
(25-Feb-2018, 11:48)Pierre35 Wrote: Streamy,

As for now they cannot replace Phantom parts. They replace the entire speaker. Within warranty they replace them free of charge when the reason is not physical damage. For replacment of physical damaged Phantom Devialet offers this additional insurance that allows in total two replacements independent what the damage is. Since the woofers are thin aluminum parts they do not survive a fall or a strong impact and will be dented. In this case Devialet does not replace free of charge as the impact can damage the chassis or driver unless you have made the additional insurance. With normal care and solid placement the Phantoms work reliable. The internal electronics takes care that the drivers do not produce excursions beyond specifications. With music you cannot damage them. Outside of warranty others reported that Devialet replaces them for a reduced prize around half or less of the initial prize. Others might comment on this with more precise numbers as I have so far not experienced any damage out of warranty.
Does anyone know why customer service seems to be non existent these days? Used to be in the US you could reach NYC, but now it seems impossible. Any ideas on how to reach them? Thanks. Lilly
You can reach them through email or phone from their website. Live chat was taken town temporarily because they’re going to be revamping it. In terms of Devialet stores they’re generally not supposed to be full range support outlets but do offer to handle as much as possible. The most effective contact us directly through email or phone from the website though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)
Hi @kmjy . Is this a 'slip of the tongue' or rather 'slip of the keyboard'? "The most effective contact us directly through email or phone from the website though." Is that us or US? In case it is 'us', who are we...
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(08-Apr-2018, 23:02)ogs Wrote: Hi @kmjy . Is this a 'slip of the tongue' or rather 'slip of the keyboard'? "The most effective contact us directly through email or phone from the website though." Is that us or US? In case it is 'us', who are we...

I meant ‘is’ not ‘us’. Including the whole world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)
I just wanted to add that I have only had positive interactions with Devialet's customer service.  Not only have they been responsive to my queries but they have been proactive to the point where I have received unprompted emails asking how things are going.  In short, I have had only positive, top shelf interactions.