Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dev connection to router.
I´m just listening Tidal content using Roon/AIR.
No NAS, no nothing, for now.
So, i decided to connect my Dev directly to router without switch, to simplify and to try some SQ improvement, and i can´t find any difference between the connection with a ethernet cable or without. But the sound stills better some times, some times not.
Any tips, cables, router positioning or am i simplifying too much?
If you are comparing the sound quality of a connection to your router via ethernet versus wireless, it may very well be subjective, which is not a bad thing. The main benefit, IMHO, is the reliability of connection, which at times, for some, can be a challenge depending on a number of factors, wireless signal strength, network congestion, etc.

So I would say if you are getting a reliable connection and the sound quality is good, leave it as is...Wink
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Hi, use since CI board only UPnP. From the router via the LAN isolator to Melco, from Melco Player Port to Devialet. Wired with AQ Diamond. I also did a lot with Air, sometimes I did not go, at some point it gets too stupid Angry . Now everything is stable and I can hear in comfortable music! Rolleyes
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Thanks both of you.
I think i need to invest on cabling, starting on the ethernet between the Dev and the router.
Sometimes all seems very focused, shaped and clean, sometimes not really.
Is there any advantage in keeping the length of the ethetnet cable as short as possible?
Personally, if you want to try a low-cost experiment, try ethernet cables from Blue Jeans Cable. Well constructed, fair price, IMHO.

I would recommend choosing a length suitable for the connection between the Devilaet and router. I suspect the length of the cable you might use (between 3 feet to 50 feet) would have a negligible effect on sound quality.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(27-Feb-2018, 18:19)baddog Wrote: Personally, if you want to try a low-cost experiment, try ethernet cables from Blue Jeans Cable. Well constructed, fair price, IMHO.

I would recommend choosing a length suitable for the connection between the Devilaet and router. I suspect the length of the cable you might use (between 3 feet to 50 feet) would have a negligible effect on sound quality.

Right, baddog.
I´ll take a look on those from Blue Jeans cable.
About the length, that´s what i thought, doesn´t matter a lot.
Thanks again.
Hi, another inexpensive but hot tip: Supra Cat 8 Rolleyes
http://www.jenving.com/products/network-122
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(27-Feb-2018, 18:35)K4680 Wrote: Hi, another inexpensive but hot tip: Supra Cat 8 Rolleyes

That´s exactly the cable i´m thinking about to buy!
Not expensive i and I've already found a dealer outside the UK.
I read a few opinions about this cable here in the community and it seems to be a good bet.
We´ll see.
@K4680,@BoyScout
I too can vouch for the Supra Cat8. Very well made, not too expensive and they sound good too.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(27-Feb-2018, 18:54)BoyScout Wrote:
(27-Feb-2018, 18:35)K4680 Wrote: Hi, another inexpensive but hot tip: Supra Cat 8 Rolleyes

That´s exactly the cable i´m thinking about to buy!
Not expensive i and I've already found a dealer outside the UK.
I read a few opinions about this cable here in the community and it seems to be a good bet.
We´ll see.
I am using supra cat8 for quite.some time now between all my wired connections. I second it to none for.the price. Good quality and good sound.

Στάλθηκε από το ALE-L21 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk