Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dev connection to router.
Ok, i´ll try one of these.
My router has two cables from the wall: a fiber and an ethernet cable.Do you think it would be better to change this one too?
(28-Feb-2018, 13:37)BoyScout Wrote: Ok, i´ll try one of these.
My router has two cables from the wall: a fiber and an ethernet cable.Do you think it would be better to change this one too?

Hi BoyScout, the fiber optic cable comes from the junction box of the provider! You should keep your hands off !! The ETH cable is the connection to your network, you can replace it!
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(28-Feb-2018, 15:55)K4680 Wrote:

Hi BoyScout, the fiber optic cable comes from the junction box of the provider! You should keep your hands off !! The ETH cable is the connection to your network, you can replace it!

Hi K4680,
I know about the fiber cable, what i nedded to know was if worth it to replace the ethernet cable that connects to my network.
I need two, in that case.
(28-Feb-2018, 16:04)BoyScout Wrote:

Hi K4680,
I know about the fiber cable, what i nedded to know was if worth it to replace the ethernet cable that connects to my network.

Ok, see you soon! Wink
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(28-Feb-2018, 16:04)BoyScout Wrote:

Hi K4680,

Yes, definitely replace as many of the Ethernet cables as you can. The ones supplied are probably of poor quality. If you are streaming music from the internet, the improvements will be very worthwhile and immediately apparent.
I never thought I’d hear myself saying this. I used to be very sceptical of the advantages of “audiophile” grade cables, but having heard the differences for myself, I’m now a firm believer!
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(01-Mar-2018, 03:45)Axel Wrote: Yes, definitely replace as many of the Ethernet cables as you can. The ones supplied are probably of poor quality. If you are streaming music from the internet, the improvements will be very worthwhile and immediately apparent.
I never thought I’d hear myself saying this. I used to be very sceptical of the advantages of “audiophile” grade cables, but having heard the differences for myself, I’m now a firm believer!

That´s my case, Axel, i´m very sceptical about the performance of ETH cables, but i´ll make that move and replace the router power supply too, some of our fellows say it's worth it and do not have to cost a lot. Do you share this same opinion?
Thanks.