Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CI updated Expert and SD card?
I've just received my 250 back from CI upgrade. Was others amps returned with a SD card? Mine wasn't. DOS and other files require a 64GB card. In order to update firmware to the latest I have bought a 64GB card, but I wonder if this should have followed with the upgrade...
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Hello. I sent mine in without the SDCard and it came back without one. Which was as expected. You do not need a 64GB SDCard to update the firmware, a 2 GB or 4GB SDCard will work fine. The SDCard you received when you purchased your 250 will work fine.

The size of the Firmware files are 68MB, not GB. So they would even fit on a 1 GB SDCard.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Hi, did not send any SD card and got no back! Continue to use my old 4 GB / 16 GB SD Cards. Everything works. Rolleyes
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Thanks both! Yes of course 58.530 KB for the CI code, not GB. Lots of room on a 2GB card! Short circuit in my thinking...
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
(01-Mar-2018, 19:11)ogs Wrote: Thanks both! Yes of course 58.530 KB for the CI code, not GB. Lots of room on a 2GB card! Short circuit in my thinking...

58.53 MB surely?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
You guys crack me up.  Shy

MB (megabyte)

Approximately 67.7 MB to be exact, YMMV
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(01-Mar-2018, 20:40)thumb5 Wrote:
(01-Mar-2018, 19:11)ogs Wrote: Thanks both! Yes of course 58.530 KB for the CI code, not GB. Lots of room on a 2GB card! Short circuit in my thinking...

58.53 MB surely?

Yes. The .  should not have been there. 58530 Kilobyte or 58.53 Megabyte
Devialetless!
I sent one with SD card and did not get it back after the update. So you are not alone.
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1
I remember the days when a kilobyte was really worth something!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
(02-Mar-2018, 18:32)Gerronwithit Wrote: I remember the days when a kilobyte was really worth something!

Gerronwithit, this comment is like pulling out your birth certificate! Actually, I do remember those days myself, too, amazing how some things have actually changed so much.

L