Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USB Pops and Clicks with D440 Pro
@JimSmith I can totally understand your frustration on this. I hope you will be pleased with a next FW that gets released. Apparently it will be released soon:
https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...0000045285

It will be a release candidate, not a beta anymore:
https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...0000044209
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
@petrik Thanks for the update. If the USB issue is addressed by Devialet I would be delighted. Will report back with my findings once the firmware is released.
SOtM sMS-200-Ultra, SOtM sPS-500, Melco N1A, Rega RP8 (Exact 2), Core Infinity D440 Pro (2 x D220 Pro), Audioquest Diamond Ethernet, USB, Audioquest Castle Rock,  Sonus Faber Olympica I.
Hi Jim,
I've exactly the same problem after CI upgrade, with my sms-200 to Devialet USB input directly. Devialet firmware is latest beta 12. Reported a case with Devialet and so far no solution.

My workaround is connect my Win10 Roon server directly to Devialet USB input instead. I find using sound device with respective Win10 driver is often rock solid, both mutec and Devialet Win10 driver work perfectly to me.
Roon HQP > sotm sms-200 > mutec (Cybershaft) > 220 Pro > Cardas Cygnus > Avalon IDEA
Denali 2000T
@Kwan Just like you I have had to find a workaround. Currently using a direct ethernet connection between my Melco N1A and Devialet. Everything sounds absolutely fine using UPnP, it is however a compromise over the USB connection. Anyway I have left my sMS-200 Ultra and sPS-500 turned on in hopes that the next firmware is going to provide a fix. Since the upcoming firmware is a release candidate I am optimistic that the USB issue will be addressed.
SOtM sMS-200-Ultra, SOtM sPS-500, Melco N1A, Rega RP8 (Exact 2), Core Infinity D440 Pro (2 x D220 Pro), Audioquest Diamond Ethernet, USB, Audioquest Castle Rock,  Sonus Faber Olympica I.
I am delighted to report that the most recent firmware (12.2.10 + DOS 2.2.0 RC3) realised by Devialet on the 23/03/2018 has fixed the USB (pops and clicks) issue mentioned in this thread. Congratulations to the software development team at Devialet.