Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon - the next step?
(05-May-2018, 08:08)cereal killer Wrote: Beta 10 works perfectly on my 220 CI pro.
Beta 12 (RC3) and can play everything up to 24/96, 24/192 has a known issue with this beta version.

I have roonserver installed on my QNAP NAS which is connected directly to the 220, no switch, via ethernet port 2.
Ethernet Port 1 is connected to the wireless router/modem to stream TIDAL and allow remote control of roon via various devices.
Its very neat and the direct connection does make a noticeable improvement IMHO.

https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?...3#pid74213

This is interesting, i do have a QNap nas, do you have some more information on how to set this up? And is you NAS dedicated for this, or do you use it for other things also?
Devialet 250 Expert Pro / Nordost Valhalla Bi-Wire / Sonus Faber Olympica II
Anthem MRX 710 / B&W MT-60D
Paul Hynes SR7/T LPS / Intel Core i7 NUC-Plato X7D with Roon Lifetime / Melco S100 Switch with 2 x Ansuz Ethernet A2
Dr. Feickert Woodpecker II with Inertia Platter / Dr. Feickert Linear / Jelco TK-850L Arm / Shelter 501 III Cartridge

Power: AQ Niagara 3000 with AQ Tornado to Furutech wall outlet <-> Doepke DFS 2 F Audio Fuse Box and 3 x AQ Blizzard to Components
Physical setup of network components & (dedicated to roon) NAS: 
TP-Link VR900 modem/router DHCP IP pool set from: 192.168.1.100 > 192.168.1.200
The QNAP is hard-wired to a TP-Link VR900 and is connected to Ethernet port 1 via 0.5m CAT7.
The Devialet is hard-wired directly to the QNAP's Ethernet port 2 via 1m CAT7. 
NAS drive model: QNAP TS-251+ with 1x Samsung 8GB RAM module & 2x 1TB SanDisk Ulta II SSDs. 

The following setting are done in QNAP's configuration settings:  
QNAP Ethernet port 1: 192.168.1.100
QNAP ethernet port 1 subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

QNAP ethernet port 2: 192.168.2.100
QNAP ethernet port 2 subnet mask: 255.255.255.0

The following setting are done in Devialet's configuration settings: 
Devialet static address: 192.168.2.101
Devialet subnet mask: 255.255.255.0
WiFi disabled/tuned off

roon is controlled via an iPad which is connected (WiFi) to the TP-Link VR900 modem/router.
In roon 'setting' the Devialet is visible as an Ethernet client/audio zone, simple select and play.!
Audionet DNA / roon / ProAc SM100s
Well I am another 7 months down the line and it is maybe time to resurrect this thread. I have been using my lap top as the Roon core for all this time but I now think it is time to get back to my original intention. A product that will store my music and act as a Roon Core.
After a couple of days doing internet searches it appears that there are a not a lot of new options.
Innuos and Roon Nucleus appear to be the main options and Innuos appears the more complete option as it has the HD capacity already installed.
My Melco has been unplugged for 7 months basically so I think it is time to replace it. It will become Roon ready in the near future apparently but only as an endpoint and I am keen to get the lap top out of the chain as was originally intended.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
Why not adding one Nucleus / use Melco as sever an Nuckleus as player. Hardware from Innous MK III is a bit narrrow-chested
I've been toying with similar debate. Nucleus (or Nucleus+) seems to be a great albeit expensive way to go. I've been seriously considering a reasonably well-powered NUC running ROCK which I believe would be a more cost-effective and flexible solution.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(23-Oct-2018, 16:00)mdconnelly Wrote: I've been toying with similar debate.   Nucleus (or Nucleus+) seems to be a great albeit expensive way to go.   I've been seriously considering a reasonably well-powered NUC running ROCK which I believe would be a more cost-effective and flexible solution.

Definitely the cheaper option , I am just not sure I could build that myself. I was also thinking along the lines of Nucleus as its a Roon product so less likely to have issues and if there is maybe better support.

I have waited around 7 months as I thought a lot of new products would come to the market but that does not appear to be the case. I will act soon though as I definitely want the lap top out of the music chain.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
(23-Oct-2018, 15:25)ghosttipper Wrote: Why not adding one Nucleus / use Melco as sever an Nuckleus as player. Hardware from Innous MK III is a bit narrrow-chested

I am looking to simplify things really and not keen to add another box. What did you mean by narrow chested?
The hardware of the all new Innous MK 3 units are not good enough versus Nucleus (+)
(23-Oct-2018, 17:50)ghosttipper Wrote: The hardware of the all new Innous  MK 3 units are not good enough versus Nucleus (+)

Innuos MK II is good enough if you don’t need DSD.
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana
(23-Oct-2018, 18:00)midi Wrote:
(23-Oct-2018, 17:50)ghosttipper Wrote: The hardware of the all new Innous  MK 3 units are not good enough versus Nucleus (+)

Innuos MK II is good enough if you don’t need DSD.

I dont need DSD so yes this is an option although I would imagine there could be difficulties obtaining this if it is an older model.