Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First time use of Phantom Golds
When I bought my brand Golds the dealer (He usually sells equipment in the $100k range) told me that the woofers and tweeters needed to be "softened" with playing with low volume (approx speaking volume) for the first 100hours. After that i could start using a bit more volume and after about 300hours of playing I could play as loud as I wanted.

Do any of you have any thoughts on this?
I tried to contact the Devialet Support, but they are probably having long lunches with red wine and baguettes ;-)
Laptop with Windows 10
2 x Phantom Gold
Dialog firmware 1.14.1.3
Norway
I think you can go ahead and not bother ... at least that's what i did with my Golds.
We do have 2h lunches with red wine ... you forgot the cheese Smile
Congratulations!
Devialet claims there's no break in time and you can play as loud as you want from day one. At least that's what they told me a couple of years ago.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
I remember the sound not being as amazing on day one but 300 hours seems a bit much.
(06-Mar-2018, 11:52)Jayyyy Wrote: I remember the sound not being as amazing on day one but 300 hours seems a bit much.
I got one of the speakers on Friday, and played it with low volume (20-25) for the first 24h, Saturday evening i took the volume up to 50 during the evening and on Sunday morning it was up to 65 (played them 24/7 with low volume during the night)

I got the second one yesterday and the volume has been around 20 for the both of them, and the sound from the speakers are totally different. So I will probably keep playing them in for the next 48h with different volume up to around 50-60 in the end before I can start blasting on full effect. Or maybe not since I live in a flat.  Big Grin
Laptop with Windows 10
2 x Phantom Gold
Dialog firmware 1.14.1.3
Norway
(06-Mar-2018, 11:08)Limtre Wrote: I tried to contact the Devialet Support, but they are probably having long lunches with red wine and baguettes ;-)

I have several requests in with Devialet support. Have not had any response from them in tree weeks or so. First time this has happened. Usually Océane has been very quick and reliable, but now nothing... I worry that Devialet has done something stupid.. like kicking out the current support team before a new one is hired.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Also, can't reach them on live chat anymore.
Devialet Phantom Gold Stereo
Devialet test them in sealed off factory areas with 50 hours of continuous playback before packaging them for sale. This plays through a pre-selected sample playlist. From frequency tones to songs in all genres.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)
Yesterday evening I received a phonecall from a french phonenumber. It was a nice gentleman, Mr Hugo, from customer service and support Devialet.
He explained to me that the speakers don't need breakin' in, så I could play as loud as I want from the beginning. With that said, the speakers sounded a bit different with one brand new and one that had been playing for approx 48h prior to connecting them to stereo.

He also helped me with a few other questions regarding Spotify connect, Dialog and recommended setup for me - all in all a very pleasant phone call. So far I give Devialet 10/10 for customer care!
Laptop with Windows 10
2 x Phantom Gold
Dialog firmware 1.14.1.3
Norway
Good, there is support after all... maybe Devialet is monitoring this forum? Smile
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB