Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buying “ older “ Devialet D-Premier...?
Hello Everyone, 

Perhaps some advice...?  I have the opportunity to buy a Older ( 2012) D-Premier for a price I just can handle...still for me the most expensive amplifier ever...Besides the missing SAM and WiFi AirPlay I think this is still a wonderful amp and concept..! but can’t find any info about the latest software version and how to do this..? Remarkable that this is so difficult to find...! Because this unit is based on software updates..!. Undecided  yeh I can find enough but only for the latest version “ The Pro “ but 6 years old is not the end of the world...! Or maybe it is for Devialet..?Another Question and that’s worries me the most are my speakers...They are 4 Ohm and a sensitive of 90dB...and the most I read are speakers with high sensitive < 95dB or Horn speakers..anyone experience with this..? Enough about the phantom but how about others.? I know...I must hear them but that’s not so easy...Yeh enough questions..? the last one...how about  the power consumption..? They get quite hot and a lot of power...in my situation this unit must be on for about 8 hours 7 days...so this important to me....thks for you’re time and hope to get some answers....?

Regards Bertone
(10-Mar-2018, 12:23)Bertone Wrote: Hello Everyone, 

Perhaps some advice...?  I have the opportunity to buy a Older ( 2012) D-Premier for a price I just can handle...still for me the most expensive amplifier ever...Besides the missing SAM and WiFi AirPlay I think this is still a wonderful amp and concept..! but can’t find any info about the latest software version and how to do this..? Remarkable that this is so difficult to find...! Because this unit is based on software updates..!. Undecided  yeh I can find enough but only for the latest version “ The Pro “ but 6 years old is not the end of the world...! Or maybe it is for Devialet..?Another Question and that’s worries me the most are my speakers...They are 4 Ohm and a sensitive of 90dB...and the most I read are speakers with high sensitive < 95dB or Horn speakers..anyone experience with this..? Enough about the phantom but how about others.? I know...I must hear them but that’s not so easy...Yeh enough questions..? the last one...how about  the power consumption..? They get quite hot and a lot of power...in my situation this unit must be on for about 8 hours 7 days...so this important to me....thks for you’re time and hope to get some answers....?

Regards Bertone
Hello, because of the firmware look here!
https://devialetchat.com/downloads/firmware/
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(10-Mar-2018, 12:49)K4680 Wrote:

Regards Bertone

Yeh I saw that to....and..? See nowhere the type of model by with this software is comparable..? 
Or can you download all the software to every model of Devialet...? ?
Sorry... again... what I mean there is no model info for with software this is compatible...the SAM or Airplay is not of used for a D-Premier....? so who can tell me this..?

Good weekend,

Regard Bertone
(10-Mar-2018, 13:57)Bertone Wrote: Sorry... again... what I mean there is no model info for with software this is compatible...the SAM or Airplay is not of used for a D-Premier....? so who can tell me this..?

Good weekend,

Regard Bertone
Hi,
https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/searc...mit=Search
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
The D-Premier is a wonderful amplifier. I bought mine in 2012 and have followed the upgrades. The 250 Pro CI (which you'll probably be able to upgrade to when the upgrade program is re-started - and if you can afford it) is better in many ways, but the original D-Premier defends itself very well. Just look at the Stereophile review of the D-Premier...
With one of the modern streamers - like the Allo DigiOne Player - I am sure the D-Premier will sound very good. We didn't have players of that calibre in 2012!
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(10-Mar-2018, 12:49)K4680 Wrote:

Regards Bertone

Yeh I saw that to....and..? See nowhere the type of model by with this software is comparable..? 
Or can you download all the software to every model of Devialet...? ?
(10-Mar-2018, 15:35)ogs Wrote: The D-Premier is a wonderful amplifier. I bought mine in 2012 and have followed the upgrades.  The 250 Pro CI (which you'll probably be able to upgrade to when the upgrade program is re-started - and if you can afford it) is better in many ways, but the original D-Premier defends itself very well. Just look at the Stereophile review of the D-Premier...
With one of the modern streamers - like the Allo DigiOne Player - I am sure the D-Premier will sound very good. We didn't have players of that calibre in 2012!

Oké, but there are still some things I don’t really understand....the upgrade from the SD card oke...but still don’t know the latest software version for the Prenier...? Or does it upgrade goes automatically after connecting to Devialet...? The upgrade to the 250 pro is far over my financial possibilities..and how about the speakers...anyone..?
This thread seems to suggest you can run the latest software (well, the latest software then was 9.x), but you just won't have some features which are available in the more recent versions such as SAM.

https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=2580

I suspect 10.1.0 may be the very last one that's possible to run - this was the most recent Expert software. All subsquent software is for Pro.
Give them a go - hopefully if a firmware isn't compatible then the update will fail with an error if they've bothered to put some firmware version error-checking in!
@Bertone No, there is no automatic update routine. All firmware updates are via the SD card method. I also think @Rufus McDufus is right that the 10.1.0 version is the latest firmware for the non CI Expert. I think a user on this forum @Rodney Gold is using D-Premiers. He would be the one to ask about firmware.
Which speakers do you use? Dynamic or electrostatic? With dynamic speakers I would not worry about 4 ohms or lower. The only speaker type reported to be "difficult" with Devialet amplifiers is eletrostatics, but even here I've seen reports of successful combinations.
My (modified) speakers are around 90dB efficient and close to 4 ohms. No problems.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB