Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buying “ older “ Devialet D-Premier...?
Thanks all for you’re reply....! ?? This Monday evening the seller is coming over to my place so I can hear the Devialet on my speakers and akoestic ...so I’am very exciting about how it sounds ? my speakers are Tyler Acoustics Linbrook signature monitor...mouth full...?. Also how the sound get me...now I'am playing with a KT 88 tube amplifier and modificat Densen..

So let Monday the music play ?
(10-Mar-2018, 19:44)Bertone Wrote: Thanks all for you’re reply....! ?? This Monday evening the seller is coming over to my place so I can hear the Devialet on my speakers and akoestic ...so I’am very exciting about how it sounds ? my speakers are Tyler Acoustics Linbrook signature monitor...mouth full...?. Also how the sound get me...now I'am playing with a KT 88 tube amplifier and modificat Densen..

So let Monday the music play ?

Be prepared that the D-Premier sounds very different than your KT88 amp, so try to give it some time if you can. Remember that you are used to the 'tube' sound and that the D-Premier is a transistor class A + D amp. Good luck!
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
The D premier takes all the firmware up to the pro model specific firmware and you get some of the features the later firmware provides.
No sam , no ethernet , no usb and if 2012 .. no warranty
Exceptional amps..I bought my 2 2nd hand and paid about 5k eu each .. I am intending to upgrade them to a 1000pro system , if and when the upgrade program returns and is the same price as before (eu 7k for both amps)

I use a squeezebox touch as my front end however Roon sees the devialet an endpoint if you want to stream directly to it , bypasses the devialet AIR driver which has never worked for me. (roon is a music player)
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room