Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Silver ordered
Just a bit excited.  Big Grin

Its for our large kitchen/dining/living room. Saw images of the Phantom a couple of years back - intrigued. Beautiful design, and fascinating reviews. But I was still a bit of a doubter. We were meeting friends for lunch at The Caravan in London in Sep 2017 and there was a Devaliet "hut" with a single Phantom Gold playing outdoors in the square. I can safely say my gob was utterly smacked.  Cool

Always liked my music. Used to play bass before kids came along. Main living room setup works for me but isnt fantastically audiophile :  (27yrs old this year) NAD 3240PE which originally drove a pair of Tannoy 609s, and now powers a pair of Tannoy V4is with a Tannoy TS2.10 sub. 

Phantom should hopefully be waiting for me when I get back from a business trip on Friday.  Heart
You'll be happy I'm sure! Welcome to the forum. You may find that you'll miss stereo at some point. Lots of good reading here if that happens Smile
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Still keeping the NAD / Tannoy setup in the main living room.

The single Phantom will replace an old Lenco BTT1 mono speaker in the other room - where we spend most of our time during the day and dinner etc. From there it will easily fire out to the back garden in summer too...   Cool
Update... awesome. 8-)

Needed some burning in - the sub bass was there immediately, but the mid bass took a little to richen.

My youngest (also a bass player) was particularly impressed by its ability to represent a drum kit. Eldest is more into his dance stuff, and was amazed at tbe extension.

Just ordered an optical cable to hook it up to the TV - we have a 55" Samsung that sits above it, so it seems silly not to.

Happy so far. Havent been above 80% volume yet.
Hadn’t planned this, but I realised last week I could use the optical output from the telly to fire into the Phantom. And since it is sat right underneath said telly..... it seems crazy not to. Less than a tenner for a TOSLINK cable - pulled through the wall, nice n tidy.

Sitting in here tonight instead of in the living room - picture on the 55" LG has always been great. Sound has always been “a bit p1sh”. Not any more.... Smile

[Image: pkYFtRV.jpg]
That looks wonderful, congratulations! Oddly enough I have the exact same corkscrew/bottle opener!
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Mrs mik is a big Philippe Starck fan Smile
(31-Mar-2018, 22:09)baddog Wrote: That looks wonderful, congratulations! Oddly enough I have the exact same corkscrew/bottle opener!

I've got the exact same bottle! Shy
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(01-Apr-2018, 12:20)Confused Wrote:
(31-Mar-2018, 22:09)baddog Wrote: That looks wonderful, congratulations! Oddly enough I have the exact same corkscrew/bottle opener!

I've got the exact same bottle! Shy

+1