Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it possible to set Phantom Golds to standard speakers on my laptop?
I'm sorry if there is another thread or guide on this, but I couldn't find it.

I've just bought two Phantom Gold's and while working I'm listening on different podcasts, radio - things that are not on Spark or other apps on my laptop (streaming through websites) and I would prefer to do this on the Phantoms.

I am wondering if there is a way to set my Golds as standard speaker on the computer like I do with my headset through WiFi or Bluetooth, or if it's possible to get them up as a casting-device (like chromecast)?

My system:
Laptop with Windows 10 Home connected to the router with WiFi
Dialog, firmware 1.14.1.3, connected to the router with cable
2x Phantom Golds, firmware 1.14.1.13 connected to the Dialog with PLC 

If connecting the Golds with Ethernet-cable to the router would help on the situation I'm willing to do that.
Laptop with Windows 10
2 x Phantom Gold
Dialog firmware 1.14.1.3
Norway
Have you thought about using an optical cable and connect it to your laptop? If it has no optical input there are also optical usb adapters.

Or do you want/need a wireless solution?
Devialet Phantom Gold Stereo
I need a wireless solution.
The best thing is if I could change the setup since I don't want any more "boxes" - that's why I bought the Phantom's and not a standard stereo setup with amplifier etc.
Laptop with Windows 10
2 x Phantom Gold
Dialog firmware 1.14.1.3
Norway
Just connect them with BT.
They will become the default speakers.
You may use any software (virtual CD for exemple) or listen music from youtube etc... This is what I do.
(12-Mar-2018, 11:15)Limtre Wrote: I need a wireless solution.
The best thing is if I could change the setup since I don't want any more "boxes" - that's why I bought the Phantom's and not a standard stereo setup with amplifier etc.

Buy a Chromecast Audio and connect it to one of the speakers. Works as a charm.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Lovely, thank you very much!

I don't know to much about the different bitrates etc, is the quality a lot lower when I stream via bluetooth VS using Spark and the Dialog?
Laptop with Windows 10
2 x Phantom Gold
Dialog firmware 1.14.1.3
Norway
I already use two chromecast, one in the TV and one on the bathroom speaker.
In the beginning it worked like a charm, but it has become more and more unstable.
Laptop with Windows 10
2 x Phantom Gold
Dialog firmware 1.14.1.3
Norway
(12-Mar-2018, 14:02)Limtre Wrote: I already use two chromecast, one in the TV and one on the bathroom speaker.
In the beginning it worked like a charm, but it has become more and more unstable.
Unfortunate to hear. Have you tried a full factory reset of the Phantoms and the Dialog? Normally it cures optical hiccups.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(12-Mar-2018, 14:37)ragwo Wrote:
(12-Mar-2018, 14:02)Limtre Wrote: I already use two chromecast, one in the TV and one on the bathroom speaker.
Unfortunate to hear. Have you tried a full factory reset of the Phantoms and the Dialog? Normally it cures optical hiccups.

It's not the Phantoms, they work like a dream, but both of the chromecasts started acting up after a while, so I don't want to include dem in my setup with the Phantoms :-)
Laptop with Windows 10
2 x Phantom Gold
Dialog firmware 1.14.1.3
Norway
The most recent BT chipset ( 4.1 ) gives a CD quality or close.