Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Development on Devialet 440/1000/OdA ???
(06-Apr-2018, 05:32)PeppaPig Wrote:
(06-Apr-2018, 04:06)Pim Wrote:
(06-Apr-2018, 02:15)PeppaPig Wrote: Don't get me wrong guys, I am not saying the Devialet DAC is bad or not good.

I am saying its not the one of best and it has room to improve. Good technical data doesn't means it will sound the best but of course it proved it has good performance. For example a car can accelerate 0-100 in 4 seconds doesn't means its more comfortable or the best, it only means it is very fast.

You will find DAC that better than the Devialet Internal and because we can't bypass the internal so I wish Devialet can improve it or make it bypass-able.

The Devialet implementation of the DAC is such that they will never make it bypass-able. It's key to the big picture of why the Expert is what it is.

Yea, that's why I don't expect that, and expect them to improve it.

Maybe read @Confused 's post #8 again and give it some thought. There might be scope for improvement on your source side.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(06-Apr-2018, 00:59)Celts88 Wrote:
(05-Apr-2018, 18:25)Jean-Marie Wrote: If it ain’t broken, don’t fix it!

Wish I could say the same about the CI upgrade  Tongue

I’m with you and that’s why I have not sent my D220 pro for CI upgrade yet. 

Since my current setup is providing me full satisfaction, I’m not in a hurry to be without it even for a few days. 

I will do it enventually, no question about it, but not in a hurry. 

Jean-Marie
PS. 
Looking at your signature, I realize that I probably have an unfair advantage being in France compared to being in Australia since the logistic to send it to the factory and getting it back must be several orders of magnitude higher for you than for me.
MacBookPro -> Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(06-Apr-2018, 18:13)Jean-Marie Wrote: Looking at your signature, I realize that I probably have an unfair advantage being in France compared to being in Australia since the logistic to send it to the factory and getting it back must be several orders of magnitude higher for you than for me.

He had three days to get his Pro to the dealer for the upgrade. Sending it to Paris wasn't even an option.  Dodgy
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(16-Mar-2018, 17:57)Confused Wrote:
(16-Mar-2018, 01:34)PeppaPig Wrote: Especially the build in DAC!!! Devailet should improve the internal DAC quality to a real HIFI level quality for at least 250/1000 PRO and OdA, as they are targeted at high end market.

I think the DAC in the Devialet is excellent.  It is easy to confuse DAC chip specification with performance, it is the implementation of the DAC that is most important, and with the Devialet ADH & magic wire design the DAC integration is one of the strengths of the product.

Subjectively, I have listened to the 1000Pro back to back with the Chord Dave and dCS Debussy.  For me the Devialet was best and the Debussy a step behind both.  The Dave had maybe a touch more dynamics but was not better than the Devialet in terms of resolution.  I have also listened to the full dCS rig and the dCS Vivaldi One, both very good but I think the margin to the 1000Pro is a lot smaller than you might expect.  In other words, the Devialet DAC is real hifi quality.  Also, as I make improvements to the 'front end' feeding my Devialet, it does just keep getting better and better, the DAC is certainly not acting as a restriction.

The only caveat to this would be for those who favor DSD over PCM, in this case the Devialet itself is arguably a bad choice as the architecture of the ADH core is PCM.  I say arguably, because I have listened to a D800 being fed DSD64 from a Vivaldi Upsampler and it was quite sensational.

Hi Confused, may you share what have you done to the front end which feeding your Devialet??
(14-Apr-2018, 03:11)PeppaPig Wrote:
(16-Mar-2018, 17:57)Confused Wrote:
(16-Mar-2018, 01:34)PeppaPig Wrote: Especially the build in DAC!!! Devailet should improve the internal DAC quality to a real HIFI level quality for at least 250/1000 PRO and OdA, as they are targeted at high end market.

I think the DAC in the Devialet is excellent.  It is easy to confuse DAC chip specification with performance, it is the implementation of the DAC that is most important, and with the Devialet ADH & magic wire design the DAC integration is one of the strengths of the product.

Subjectively, I have listened to the 1000Pro back to back with the Chord Dave and dCS Debussy.  For me the Devialet was best and the Debussy a step behind both.  The Dave had maybe a touch more dynamics but was not better than the Devialet in terms of resolution.  I have also listened to the full dCS rig and the dCS Vivaldi One, both very good but I think the margin to the 1000Pro is a lot smaller than you might expect.  In other words, the Devialet DAC is real hifi quality.  Also, as I make improvements to the 'front end' feeding my Devialet, it does just keep getting better and better, the DAC is certainly not acting as a restriction.

The only caveat to this would be for those who favor DSD over PCM, in this case the Devialet itself is arguably a bad choice as the architecture of the ADH core is PCM.  I say arguably, because I have listened to a D800 being fed DSD64 from a Vivaldi Upsampler and it was quite sensational.

Hi Confused, may you share what have you done to the front end which feeding your Devialet??

This reminds me of my old maths teacher at school, something along the lines of "pay attention at the back there PepperPig!" 

Anyway, in case you have really missed it, see link below:

https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=4941
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - microRendu - Mutec MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12