Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Static IP address
The subject of allocating static IP addresses has been touched upon in a few posts.  Are there any advantages in doing this?  I use power line Ethernet for both my Devialet and Bluesound speakers.  While generally stable, I sometimes experience total dropout of all devices - this was worse when I recently had some house guests with their own multiple devices.  Of course, this could be due to issues with the power line, but I am thinking that it may also be due to the router.
(16-Mar-2018, 03:16)Will Wrote: The subject of allocating static IP addresses has been touched upon in a few posts.  Are there any advantages in doing this?  I use power line Ethernet for both my Devialet and Bluesound speakers.  While generally stable, I sometimes experience total dropout of all devices - this was worse when I recently had some house guests with their own multiple devices.  Of course, this could be due to issues with the power line, but I am thinking that it may also be due to the router.

It might be a limitation of your router’s performance or capacity that causes the drop—outs, but I can’t see why having a static IP would make any difference. The same data is being sent to an IP address, after all. When I used a Power Line Adapter with my O d’A it always came up with the same address anyway, even after multiple system-wide re-boots.  

I sometimes found that the adapter would hit a go-slow occasionally, but I never identified a cause.
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3