Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spontaneous and independent volume changes
I have the Expert 400 powering Wilson-Benesch Vectors and was controlling it with both the remote and the iOS app via an iPhone X.  The source was Spotify and the volume went from silent to full on without warning. The app showed the volume to be at maximum and was in the red/+30dB. It played very briefly, (milliseconds?), and then shut down on its own. 
It's usually said to be a problem with the batteries of the remote - change them for new and it should not happen again. There is also a suggestion that the D400-D440 upgrade also includes some work on the remote to prevent this occurring.

I see you have WB Vectors - which have a SAM profile - did you have SAM active? If so, then there should have been some protection for your speakers. I hope so.
It wasn't a battery problem for me, the remote needed changing. When they sent me a new one I kept the old 'problem' batteries, they were fine in the new one.

The problem has never happened with my new remote.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
I turned off SAM because it did not sound as smooth in the bass registers as without.  I did have the subsonic filter on. I'll change the batteries just in case. Thanks!
For reference, here's an existing thread discussing this problem: https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=4192.

The problem isn't necessarily fixed on the Pro models because it's happened on my 440, although that was supplied new rather than being an upgraded 400. I believe the upgrade to the Core Infinity board also includes some work on the remote - whether that's to fix this problem and/or to do something else, I don't know.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(18-Mar-2018, 23:41)thumb5 Wrote: For reference, here's an existing thread discussing this problem: https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=4192.

The problem isn't necessarily fixed on the Pro models because it's happened on my 440, although that was supplied new rather than being an upgraded 400.  I believe the upgrade to the Core Infinity board also includes some work on the remote - whether that's to fix this problem and/or to do something else, I don't know.

I had the problem with my 130 Pro a few times before getting the CI upgrade and I haven't had it since the upgrade. That means nothing because I only got the upgraded amp back 3 days ago and the problem only occurred sporadically for me. Nobody's had the CI upgrade for very long so the absence of any reports of problems after the upgrade doesn't really mean anything. If no one reports any problems with an upgraded amp over a 6 month or so period I think we could start to assume that the problem got fixed somewhere in the upgrade but with a sporadic problem, and this is a sporadic problem, only time will tell whether something in the CI upgrade fixes it.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia