Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best TT packagr for 7,500 US$?
Cartridge recommendation: Kiseki Purpleheart. All the best.

Jim
SOtM sMS-200-Ultra, SOtM sPS-500, Melco N1A, Rega RP8 (Exact 2), Core Infinity D440 Pro (2 x D220 Pro), Audioquest Diamond Ethernet, USB, Audioquest Castle Rock,  Sonus Faber Olympica I.
As you are based in Japan I'd also check out the DS 002 from DS Audio. I do not know if the DS 002 is a good match for the Technics arm, but this should be easy to find out. As the DS is a 'system' with a special power supply/equaliser that produces a line level signal it should be straightforward to connect to your 250.
You will not use the phono stage in the 250 with the DS and of course there is an extra box. If box count is important and space is an issue (as is often the case in Japan...) then by all means go for an MC cartridge. Jim's recommendation above is a good one. Again some research into cartridge/arm matching is important.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
I missed on the price of the DS system! The 002 with power/eq + Technics breaks your price range... Sorry about that!
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Fremer's review of the Rega RP 10 in the February Stereophile makes it sound like a steal.
SYSTEM 1:Grimm MU-1 running Roon Server & Ready//Grimm TPM//GRIMM LS1be
SYSTEM 2: Antipodes DX Roon Server// MiniDSP// Grimm TPM// Dutch & Dutch 8C

(25-Mar-2018, 18:34)Elztalbiker Wrote: @f1eng: don't forget Brinkmann

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Yes but I don't think they are in the price range.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Cartridges are a difficult recommendation since they vary a lot. Some have a huge variation from an even frequency response. Some are quite peaky at high frequencies, good to compensate for rolled off speakers but less good in a neutral system.
Lots of people like a rolled off top end but having chosen the Devialet, IME the least coloured amp I have heard, it would be a shame not to have a neutral cartridge.
I have used Ortofons for decades and don't remember seeing any that measured peaky or rolled off (unlike a lot of other brands).
Sadly the days of being able to audition cartridges before buying are gone, a shame since the variation from one to another is many times bigger than the differences between every other bit of hifi except speakers/room.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

You may want to consider the Avid Diva II SP, Michell Orbe, and the VPI Prime as well.
I would second @f1eng's mention of Ortofon. In fact, I recall reading an article about cartridges where the quality of some very expensive "boutique" cartridges were compared to the big mass producers such as Ortofon. "Handcrafted coils" might sound lovely, all that care an attention from an expert craftsmen, but the reality is that companies like Ortofon can utilise state of the art machinery that will construct perfect coils time after time, they have decades of experience and the strength and depth to invest in the right kit. On a subjective note, the Ortofon Cadenza Black has to be about the most used cartridge by posters on this forum. I have listened to the Cadenza Black on a wide range of turntables, and it sounds good with them all. Yes, there are differences, the Rega RP10 becomes an absolute detail monster with the Black, the Pro-Ject Signature more bold and strident, but the Black seems to deliver with TT's of all flavors.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(26-Mar-2018, 20:28)Confused Wrote: Lyra is also an excellent choice. Very neutral sounding. I had a Lyra Kleos which is very neutral and detailed.
Thanks a lot for the feedbacks!

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1