Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
130 pro + KEF LS50 vs KEF LS50 Wireless
(30-Mar-2018, 11:34)wikeeboy Wrote: I have the white/copper finish. They look lovely! Such a nice and simple solution for a second system. For me its the family living area.

Audio memory is a tough thing. I do remember getting bored of the passive ls50's pretty quickly, and although SAM made a significant difference to the bottom end, i found i was bottoming them out too much which was frustrating.

My initial thoughts are that they are a great all round package. I think you're wasting your time and money if you run the passives with a devialet. Just get the actives and be done with it. If i want a 'serious' system i'll listen to my big rig, for the secondary system the actives make perfect sense.

I need to have some more time over the weekend giving these puppies a decent thump.. Staright out of the gate though, if i had the choice between a dev and passive ls50's, or active ls50's with sub/subs hands down i'd go active with subs.

Still don't understand. Using wireless speakers totally bypasses the amplifier part of the Devialet meaning it is reduced to a (very expensive) sound processing unit or am I simplifying things too much?
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
The point of this thread was comparing the following:

-Devialet->LS50 Passives (with SAM)
-LS50 Active/Wireless (No Devialet)

Using the wireless LS50's, i can stream TIDAL directly to the speakers via the KEF app. No need for anything else at all.

After having a play for another hour or two last night, these things are lots of fun. From memory much better than the Devialet running passive LS50's with SAM activated.
Thanks for the review, very informative. I'm getting the same general feedback as well from different reviews. The LS50w's get the absolute most out of what they can physically do. You could put a very expensive amp behind the passives, and still not get to the same level.

(30-Mar-2018, 22:52)wikeeboy Wrote: The point of this thread was comparing the following:

-Devialet->LS50 Passives (with SAM)
-LS50 Active/Wireless (No Devialet)

Using the wireless LS50's, i can stream TIDAL directly to the speakers via the KEF app. No need for anything else at all.

After having a play for another hour or two last night, these things are lots of fun. From memory much better than the Devialet running passive LS50's with SAM activated.